Day 21 - Ohmy!!

The chick is so cute! Here are some more pictures praying for her survival!
fl.gif
Very curious =P

here is a cool read about this chick with a busted yolk!

Say Hello to "Yolk"
Yolk, a WONDERFUL Story of a Chick that stopped pipping midway and ended up having a yolk sack rupture and a bunch of other issues! It is well worth a read and "Rock" has all the footage to boot!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/704328/diary-notes-air-cell-detatched-shipped-eggs/3100

Current Update

Chick seems better she can stand up and walk around she has dried up on her belly but not on her back and the top of her head (probably to much humidity while incubating the eggs..), the yolk sac is almost black and dry, hopefully falling off today otherwise I might get a vet. The second egg has not pipped and no more chirping yet =[

My girlfriend is live streaming for me at home, since I am at work :)

Current Update

Chick seems better she can stand up and walk around she has dried up on her belly but not on her back and the top of her head (probably to much humidity while incubating the eggs..), the yolk sac is almost black and dry, hopefully falling off today otherwise I might get a vet. The second egg has not pipped and no more chirping yet =[
Adam how awesome! GREAT JOB with her!!! YAY!! I would love to see how it looks close up when u get home! Thank you so much for sharing with us! name her?

I don't know about a name we have an Icelandic tradition going on here so she will probably be named after my girlfriends grandmother (if it's a hen) since it was her birthday yesterday when she was born :)

She pooped just earlier and never been so happy seeing an animal poop :)

Back
Top Bottom