Day 21 - Ohmy!!

She's doing well :) Learned how to drink and eat, and I have a T-shirt in there she likes to cuddle under when she's in need of a mother =]]

I'll post some pics soon :)

pop.gif

I know I know! I promise to put some on soon - been a busy week !!
old.gif

What are you going to do with the other eggs? She is so cute?
tongue.png
Chuck, the other eggs are currently on lockdown now - I candled them on day 17 and they seem to have developed nicely they are due the 19th feb. However the egg that was supposed to hatch the same day as my other chick was dead :-[ I opened the egg on day 23 to see, there was a beautiful chick fully developed but dead, don't know why :(

I know I know! I promise to put some on soon - been a busy week !!
old.gif
Chuck, the other eggs are currently on lockdown now - I candled them on day 17 and they seem to have developed nicely they are due the 19th feb. However the egg that was supposed to hatch the same day as my other chick was dead :-[ I opened the egg on day 23 to see, there was a beautiful chick fully developed but dead, don't know why :(
oh I am so sorry for your loss Adam. That stinks. Keep us updated on the others though!

oh I am so sorry for your loss Adam. That stinks. Keep us updated on the others though!
Thanks Chuck, today we decided to candle the second two eggs that are due tomorrow - wait for it, because.. The incubator light bulb that was heating the entire bator went out in the middle of the night and we didn't have a replacement one. The eggs are still alive and we moved them to the brooder which is about 99°F stable! And they're alive in the eggs!

--- Now for those who have been waiting for photos, I'm sorry for being so slow! But great news :)
Today, I took the little chick (unnamed still!) and decided to clean her but cause she gets sticky at behind for some reasons, probably the sawdust which I replaced earlier - however the navel string finally fell off and she looks so healthy in my opinion, her wings are getting feathers ooh this is so fun :)

Here are the pictures, sorry Sally <3
old.gif

See how fat she is getting hihihi :)

- Question: Anyone recommends to mash the food or just leaving it dry? She eats much more of the mashed food I mix with water and mash away!

Back
Top Bottom