Day 22. How much longer to wait?

srilalita

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
2 of 3 died (in the last week). How long should I give this last chicken egg until I give up incubating it?

(I'm the poster who had the power interruption last Wednesday overnight and lost 10 degrees Celcius before we figured it out in the morning. :( )

Ok. I can't tell if it smells bad because I just took out another one that started sweating and stank. However, I have certainly noticed that the humidity was regulated nicely by the incubator, but suddenly in the last 2-3 days, condensation has started to form on the window and the water indicator is at normal and I haven't been putting exra in. Can that mean anything?

Ok. I can't tell if it smells bad because I just took out another one that started sweating and stank. However, I have certainly noticed that the humidity was regulated nicely by the incubator, but suddenly in the last 2-3 days, condensation has started to form on the window and the water indicator is at normal and I haven't been putting exra in. Can that mean anything?

I don't know the answer. I hope you get a hatch!

I would wait 3 days past the 21st day. I have read of many that have hatched that late. Keep in mind that if the egg starts sweating or smells bad toss it!!!

I usually give or take 2 days either side - but I may make it 3 from now on - Thanks for that
big_smile.png
- I'd only ever heard of upto 2 days late, an extra day cant hurt
jumpy.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom