Day 21 no pipping, movement, sounds HELP PLEASE!!

DovesFlock

Songster
Aug 31, 2023
I have 4 eggs ready to hatch Aug 31st (today) however we lost power yesterday around 10 ish and I’ve been keeping them warm and as humid as possible with blankets (covering the bottom/my vents) and candles (for warmth and such) however they have made a sound or movement or single lip. This is my first time incubating so I’m not sure if they’re dead or if I should just give them time or how I’d know. I currently can’t keep the humidity at 70. It was around 75 yesterday but dropped late last night when it got cold. Please help. Thank you.

I second @pennyJo1960 - you can’t think the worst
Find a flashlight and candle the eggs.
I’ve had power interruptions and great hatches despite the challenges.
.....I do also have a generator and the bator gets plugged in before the fridge tbh 😂
I’ve also had zero hiccups and terrible hatches. So. You can’t beat yourself up either way.

You need to work quickly- so find a strong flashlight if you don’t have a “candling” light, pull an egg, check it in a dark
spot/ corner/ room,
Look for movement. Mark it so you know what was / wasn’t moving.
put it back, rinse and repeat.

And. Make sure you let us know how it goes 🥰

Losing power for a little while on hatch day isn't going to kill them.

Having too high humidity for too long will.

When was the last time you saw movement?

I second @pennyJo1960 - you can’t think the worst
Find a flashlight and candle the eggs.
I’ve had power interruptions and great hatches despite the challenges.
.....I do also have a generator and the bator gets plugged in before the fridge tbh 😂
I’ve also had zero hiccups and terrible hatches. So. You can’t beat yourself up either way.

You need to work quickly- so find a strong flashlight if you don’t have a “candling” light, pull an egg, check it in a dark
spot/ corner/ room,
Look for movement. Mark it so you know what was / wasn’t moving.
put it back, rinse and repeat.

And. Make sure you let us know how it goes 🥰
Ahh thank you I’ll candle them later tonight when it’s nice and dark and check! So far the humidity has set no more that 80 so fingers crossed! I’ll keep you all posted when I check

Losing power for a little while on hatch day isn't going to kill them.

Having too high humidity for too long will.

When was the last time you saw movement?
I haven’t seen any movement but I candled them day 17 before I left them in the inc unmoved and they were still living. Humidity has stayed no higher than 80 but it’s around 60 maybe a little less right now. I’ve kept a constant temp of 100 though!

No I had

I only had it at 70 at day 18-20 because it said increase the humidity so they can move in the egg. Should it have been lower?
I was saying that I moved them and candles and I haven’t moved or messed with them since other than to put in candles for heat

Back
Top Bottom