Day 3

elmi

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2017

What do you guys think about these. Three days in the bator. Developing or nah?

Welcome to BYC!

I'm not seeing any veins, but it is too early to throw out eggs. What day and time did you put them in the bator? Keep eggs that you aren't sure about in until they begin to stink or leak.

I put the eggs in the bator on saturday evening. I think there is some veins going on in this pic. Not sure tho. First timer so need some help with this
1f605.png

Thanks for the answers! I have 8 incubating right now in my DIY incubator. I will surely post more pictures as they progress.

So it looks like that 2 out of 8 are developing as of right now. will the others catch up or does that mean that they are not going to develop. I will post pictures later .

So if you put eggs in bator saturday, day one would be sunday and today is day 4.
I'd wait, be patient just keep candling every few days or so, if this is your first incubation, and you'll learn a lot.
I would not discard any eggs until lockdown unless leaking or stinky.

This was my first experience:
Day 7 - didn't see much but the air cells, which I outlined with a pencil every time I candled, maybe some veining and lumps..maybe moving...I was very disappointed.
Day 10 - could definitely see veins and some movement...maybe some clears and blood rings.
Day 14 - saw much more definition of shape, movement and realized what I had seen the previous times. Clears and blood ring more obvious.
Day 18 - pulled the now very obvious clears and blood rings. Viable chicks almost filled egg and wasn't as much movement.

Knew much better what to look for the next time I incubated. It just takes some practice and experience.
Candle well after sunset or in a dark windowless room, I used a cardboard template with a hole cut to fit into a utility light shade with a 60watt bulb. Also used a very bright flashlight and just my hand in a windowless room after I got better at it.

Back
Top Bottom