Day 30- No Pip; Duck eggs

May 21, 2022
Tennessee
Ok 4 duck eggs. On day 30 for one. (They were each laid the day after the other. Earliest is the one I think is dead; 5/10 lay date.)
Think one has died. (egg issue, not the incubator)
Yesterday one was scratching in the egg like it was trying to pip. But still nothing. Last night, another one of the eggs jerked.
3 have life in them, but I'm starting to be concerned.

We have a Nurture Right 360. These weren't added until we had 10 days left due to momma hen being a bad mom. Never owned one before. Just going on what the instructions are. Humidity per readout is currently 79%. A bit high to what it say it should be for chickens. Temp is 99.5.

Is there anything I should do?
Too early to worry? Or act now on something??

Thanks!

Day 1 isn't when they were laid it is when the were incubated, so day one would have been when hen started sitting full time. If she never sat full time, day 1 could be the day after you put them in the incubator. Duck eggs can take up to 72 hrs after that first crack in the shell to hatch. Give them time! Do not assist unless it is 100% necessary. A duck that doesn't have the strength to hatch most likely won't survive anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about the humidity at this point. It CAN cause issues but doesn't always. Just make sure to keep an eye on them. Good luck with your babies let us know how it ends up.

Back
Top Bottom