Day 7 candling

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by harmony farm, Sep 23, 2016.

1. harmony farm

harmony farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2016
    Victoria australia
    I so confused, looking a videos and other information, i jyst candled 38 eggs and none look fertile, seriously what the .

Can i have yoyr opinion on this egg please[​IMG]

2. harmony farm

Apr 24, 2016
    Victoria australia
    Sorry day 7

3. Sunnyducks

Sunnyducks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2016
    Hi @harmony farm

I wish I could help you! Geographically I'm pretty near you, I reckon, and my knowledge is also about the same as yours! I have an incubator full of eggs which have been under a broody for the start of incubation and some eggs are 5 days older than others, but the newest of mine is at least 5 days. I've got quite a few that look like this one of yours. All I can say is that I've also got some that looked like this one, and assuming I'm picking the correct eggs, I believe they have advanced some. But I'm a real beginner with candling so that information probably isn't much use - good luck with your hatch :)

4. harmony farm

Apr 24, 2016
    Victoria australia
    Think need more than luck to be honest, from what i watched on video, looks nothing like it, pissing me off lol

5. FoodFreedomNow

FoodFreedomNow Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you see any veins? I can't really tell from the pic (and know how difficult it is to get a pic of a candled egg!). If I'm not sure about an egg, I leave it until the next candling (14 days). You should be able to tell then. Good luck on your hatch!

6. harmony farm

Apr 24, 2016
    Victoria australia
    Thx

I could really see any veins in any, but same as last batch and 5 had chicks in them that didnt hatch [​IMG]

7. harmony farm

Apr 24, 2016
    Victoria australia
    Sorry couldnt see any

8. n8ivetxn

n8ivetxn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    Elma, Washington
    Agreed, if I can't see anything, leave it until the next candling..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by