Day old duck not eating

When did your duckling hatch? What temps in your brooder. It can take 24 hrs before they want to eat since they are living off the yolk they absorbed. Offer a little sugar water just gently dip the bill in just don’t cover the nare holes in water don’t want it to aspirate into the lungs. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be up eating an drinking.

Last edited:
She was a rescue from a cold, cold night and I lost her tonight. 😢

I don’t really know what happened. i rescued her last night. Got her warmed up and safe. She’s drink for me. This morning she was all sorts of energetic, not much for eating but the energy level was good. By evening she was lethargic, confused and I tried so hard to get her to eat going that was the issue. It must’ve been something else because all I could do in the end was keep her extra warm and comfy. Poor baby. :-(

She was a rescue from a cold, cold night and I lost her tonight. 😢

I don’t really know what happened. i rescued her last night. Got her warmed up and safe. She’s drink for me. This morning she was all sorts of energetic, not much for eating but the energy level was good. By evening she was lethargic, confused and I tried so hard to get her to eat going that was the issue. It must’ve been something else because all I could do in the end was keep her extra warm and comfy. Poor baby. :-(
So sorry, it's heart breaking but you kept her warm and loved that's important too. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom