Day Pasture Fencing

NCFF

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 10, 2011
I need the basics for installing fencing. Using t-posts and 2" x 4" welded fencing. What direction do I face the nubs on the t-posts. What side should I put the fence on for poultry? on chicken side or on outside of t-post. Not really worried about chickens running through it. Thought that if I put on inside though that a predator(aka dog) would be less likely to grab with teeth and pull it. Was going to put weld wire .5 as skirt 2' out and up.

Any other tips and tricks?

what about the top? Hawks and such. I don't know whether coons or possums could squeeze through 2X4 mesh...maybe someone with more experience can help.

they might not can squeeze through but theyll eventually find a way to get inside, if they want your flock bad enough! therefore its always best to but them inside the coop, and not leave them out in the pen at night. Unless you live somewhere where critters arent a problem.

It really doesn't matter, unless there is a professional that will teach us a few things, I am always open to that. I put the fencing on the outside of the fence but that is just because.... well.... I don't know why, maybe I am claustrophobic. I fasten them from the outside... no I don't.... I fasten them from the inside hmmm.... Heck, I just do it. My T post are 8 feet apart so until the grass grows, it is easy for a predator to get under the fence if they want to, unless you trench and bury, which I have never done.. The nubbins go toward the fencing and the clips, sold or given separately, go through the fence an clip to the T.

Good luck and have fun,

Shawn

Back
Top Bottom