DD home for a few days prior to deployment!! YEAH!!!

Three Cedars Silkies

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Gainesville, Fl.
The Army came knocking for my daughter in February and she has been at Ft. Dix, Ft. Meade, Utah, back to Ft. Meade...back to Ft. Dix, etc...training for her deployment to Iraq next month.

She'll be home tomorrow morning for a few days and then it's back to Ft. Dix...then to Ft. Hood...then back to Ft. Dix prior to actually leaving in a few weeks.

Just so happy to have her home...even if only for a few days. She said the first thing she wants to see is her CHICKENS!!
big_smile.png

Oh, Judy, that's great news! I know you will treasure the time you have with her. Tell Robin hello for me and I hope you both have a wonderful few days together.
Tell her that your babies are doing just great here and thet they are very SPOILED!!! Jasper and Hanibal are so rotten it is rediculous!
th.gif

Thank your daughter for being a hero and having the courage and pride to serve our country! God Bless you and your American family!

What a wonderful 4 days we've had.
smile.png
Now we're on our way to the airport for her return to Ft. Dix.

She's read all your replies and thanks everyone for their good wishes. Even though this deployment come during her senior year of college...we have listed all the "good things" that can come from this deployment and she is looking forward to serving. She's known since she was 17 that she was called to serve.

She'll be checking out all the threads during her time in Iraq...

I'll pray for her and everyone else serving in our military. My son did a tour of duty in Iraq just prior to completing his time in the army. He came home, after completing his three years, and has been using his GI Bill to attend college. Now they have pulled him out of his semester in college to be sent for a month of training and he has orders that his reserve unit will be shipped back to Iraq in January. Everyone should pray for an end to this war and for the safe return of those fighting. Many of the men and women have been sent back for several tours of duty in Iraq.

One thing that got us all through it was Yahoo Instant Messagener. Everyone in the family had my son added and pcs set to ring a loud and distant ring if he signed on. Then the first to notice would contact everyone else. Before long, everyone was online "talking" to him at the same time. Sometimes he was allowed to use voice and video but sometimes just typed. Voice is free on IM and you can talk to them without long distance or overseas charges. It can be a Godsend to a mom whose child is serving overseas.

Back
Top Bottom