Dead chicken

alfredopasta101

In the Brooder
Sep 17, 2017
My chicken is very old. But just a few seconds ago it was fine. Then I heard a sound I turned around and there was my dead chicken. I ran quickly to see if it was hurt, but I realized it was about to die. I saw its eyes slowly close and water running out of its mouth. What was the cause of its death??? It was drinking water just a few seconds before it died, heard it knock the food bowl down. In shock.So sad. My dad said this whole week it was a bit slow. What was the cause of this death???? :(:(:(:(:(:(:( :th:th:(:(:(:(

I'm so sorry for the loss of your chicken.:hugs it sounds like she was old and may have just died of natural causes, which there is probably nothing you could have prevented. You should feel good you gave her a long life and she didn't suffer in the end, although I know a death is always hard.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your chicken.:hugs it sounds like she was old and may have just died of natural causes, which there is probably nothing you could have prevented. You should feel good you gave her a long life and she didn't suffer in the end, although I know a death is always hard.
Thank you :( But its just weird because my chicken died like i heard it make a reulsive sound and the next thing you know it was on the floor. I thought it would have sat down and got ready for death not die in a repulsive kinda way :/

Sorry for your loss.
What state are you in?
You could send the body for a necropsy...but if does sound like it could just be old age.
Unfortunately Not everyone/thing dies in their sleep.

Back
Top Bottom