Death to raccoons

Trap then 22.

except when it’s illegal.
Law doesn't equal morality. In all but the most extreme cases(murder, rape etc) it may behoove one to think for themselves. Or follow laws like the lawmakers/enforcers do...at their whim and when it benefits them!

I agree with the consensus of be proactive and beef up security.

Law doesn't equal morality. In all but the most extreme cases(murder, rape etc) it may behoove one to think for themselves. Or follow laws like the lawmakers/enforcers do...at their whim and when it benefits them!

I agree with the consensus of be proactive and beef up security.

never said law= morality.

but, OP probably needs to know that it can get them into trouble if they break an existing law.

thankfully I can think for myself.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions for now I think I’m going to raise my fences a bit higher and leave them a bit wobbly so they won’t be as easy for the raccoons to climb. I would think I would have to kill them if it doesn’t work as there is no place to take released animals that I wouldn’t just make them a problem for someone else. But at any rate the hens tank you all for your time

Attachments

• 4DA31ECE-A52B-4891-AED8-908AF99C64E1.jpeg
    4DA31ECE-A52B-4891-AED8-908AF99C64E1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
DP traps can be set all around your property and the chickens won’t mess with them much. They’re cheaper than cages but you’ll either have to shoot them or pick up a catch pole to remove them from the trap.
There’s no shortage of raccoons so killing them solves the problem. Sure more will move back in eventually but the goal isn’t to eradicate a species It’s just to remove the problem animals.
I agree. I talked to a wildlife office awhile back. We are rural on a dead end road and have been the recipients of others releases. I see coon road kill quite a bit so I'm sure there are no shortage of coons. The officer told me I could eliminate any predator that was threatening my birds. My birds are considered livestock. I would trap and eliminate. We had an issue with an owl. We accidently caught it and called a wildlife rescue and they came and got it. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom