Pics
The sun just came out so now we can try again to get photos of Debbie's Alabama silkies. The two black ones are going to get graduation portraits yet. We were out trying before the rains came and the camera malfunctioned. When I checked it out I had forgotten to put a chip in it. Fixed that.

I got a couple of butt shots today of the two black ones. Both have black butts but different types of trail feathers showing. Still working on getting more photos. I'm going to remove the other breeds and take shots of just the 5 silkies in group shots at play. Warning. Cuteness threat.
I'm looking forward to a cuteness overload!

Got the new Brinsea 56EX set up and running. I just happened to have 22 of my fancies eggs to put in it. ☺️ Due 4/12.

I have 9 in the right one lying on a mat in lockdown. Due 3/25.

In addition to the 22 set today, I have 20 out of 23 left in there that were set for the Easter Hatch Along. They had been in the NR360. Those are due 3/30.

I'm so glad to not have to mess with humidity anymore! I'll hang on to the NR360 for a few months to see if I can get along without it. I should be able to keep one for incubating and one for lockdown/hatching.

IMG_0748.jpeg

Got the new Brinsea 56EX set up and running. I just happened to have 22 of my fancies eggs to put in it. ☺️ Due 4/12.

I have 9 in the right one lying on a mat in lockdown. Due 3/25.

In addition to the 22 set today, I have 20 out of 23 left in there that were set for the Easter Hatch Along. They had been in the NR360. Those are due 3/30.

I'm so glad to not have to mess with humidity anymore! I'll hang on to the NR360 for a few months to see if I can get along without it. I should be able to keep one for incubating and one for lockdown/hatching.

View attachment 3779188

Looks so nice! Still can't get over the great chicken cabinets!

These are the last of the shipped eggs in the new brooder. The new brooder is exactly like the other one except hubby doesn't have the electrical box nor light in it yet. I went to a tile store and picked out the groovy tile as we ran out of scraps. 😊

IMG_0745.jpeg IMG_0744.jpeg IMG_0746.jpeg
1 paint NN I wasn't sure was going to make it. It had broken most of the shell around it, but not the membrane. After a day, I helped it get out of that but it was pretty weak for a couple of days but it's going to make it now.

The rest are 2 mottled (1 frizzle), another little NN that might turn buff but not sure. The others I believe are paint but blacks.

I'm most excited about those two mottled as I wasn't expecting them and never really seen many like these.

Are silkies water-hardy? I've read that they don't do well in rain etc. Is this your experience? Many thanks!
I rather they wouldn't get wet, but rain does NOT stop them from coming out. These three I don't have anymore but it's the best picture I have of soaked silkies. Amazingly, they somehow clean up just fine too!

IMG_0523.JPG

Back
Top Bottom