December hatch-along

My Trader Joes Egg's are on day 15, doing great and due to hatch on Dec 8th

Every time I see a post with good news on Trader Joe eggs..I say....Man, I wish we had one of those stores nearby. I am hearing that they make excellent layers.

These are american game chicks. i set the eggs under this fethered legged bantam shes just the adopted mother!

Count me in. Just set 18 silkie eggs. 4 I do not expect to be fertile as the lady I got them from hasnt had fertile ones from that pen yet but Im still eggcited about the others!!!
yippiechickie.gif

That's what I have set. Shipped silkie eggs. :)

That's what I have set. Shipped silkie eggs. :)
Mine are not shipped. I picked them up locally from a friend. I bought 12 and she gave me 18 and in that extra 6 are included the "4" that are not expected to hatch porcelain silkie eggs. The others are an assortment of colors. Im sure hoping for some partridge
fl.gif
. What color are yours supposed to be?

This is fascinating! It's great that you have done your research. Please keep us posted on these beautiful eggs. I imagine it is pretty well impossible to candle them, yes?

Correct. Mostly impossible to candle them. I did read a paper that stated they can be candled with a flashlight and the IR night setting on a mini dv recorder. I might try it at some point so I'll let you know if I do.

Back
Top Bottom