DEFORMED PAINFUL FOOT

gsim

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
East Tennessee
I have a Rhode Island Red hen who has two painful bulblous growths. One on each side of her foot. She is only a year old and has had this condition for 6 months. She is a regular layer too. It is painful and she barely allows it to touch the ground and has to roost on one leg at night.

Wondering if there is an antibiotic of some sort I can mix with a treat and give to her daily?

I have Terramycin pills which I keep for myself in our freezer in case of any bronchial trouble. Maybe that would work? It is for Scours and bronchial problems tho, not for strange growths. I also have liquid penicillin in amoxicillin form in fridge just for emergencies. Syringes too.

Ideas?

Hi. You could try posting on this thread! Hopefully an expert there should be able to help if nobody answers
thumbsup.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1137688/the-emergency-thread#post_17643528

Can you post a picture? This could be bumblefoot(a foot abcess). I need pics of the bottom of the feet and from the front/sides.

Sorry for tardy answer. I thought I'd get an email if anyone responded. Never happened.

The deformed foot healed after about a year and I can't even see it. No more limping either. Total mystery to me.

Gerry

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom