Deleting my own post

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by quetsweyo, Jun 7, 2011.

1. quetsweyo

quetsweyo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Can i delete my own posts if i have a problem, ask for advice and no one has anything to say? Its upsetting to keep checking and finding nothing and if it was gone theres nothing to check. See? Or do i need to ask a moderator to do it? Quetsweyo

2. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    Click the report button in the post, and explain you want it closed. The mod will close it. There is no other way to delete it.

3. Thegrayeyedgirl

Thegrayeyedgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    Quote:awww...nono. That is so sad, I'll find it and post on it.

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    With a forum this large, not every post is going to be answered. It may simply be that no one knows the answer.

We don't delete threads just because you didn't get an answer. But do report it and explain your reasons if you feel it really needs to be deleted.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Or you can become a Platinum member and then you can delete posts... but not the start of a thread.

6. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Exactly! When you are Platinum, you can delete your own posts, but not your own threads. If your thread is deas, you can delete your own posts from it, or if you accidentally post a double post, you can delete it! Being Platinum has its perks! [​IMG]

Good luck and enjoy BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by