Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

Poor upside-down Derperella seems a bit worse again this morning. No worse than yesterday morning, but any improvement I thought I had seen has reverted. She is eating some lunch right now but I can tell she is frustrated and off balance (I would be too, if my head was on upside-down). I am continuing with the mild anti-inflammatory I have to give her, and also gave her some coconut and some "sunshine factor" which is red palm fruit oil. Both are not medicines or cures but are generally beneficial to the nervous system in general, so it can't hurt.

If she does not improve by Monday when the vet opens again, I'll make an appointment and we will explore our options for her. If it seems she can't recover from this, I might have to make a very hard decision. We'll see how she does and if she seems to adapt to this problem or recover at all. Right now I can tell she is frustrated and can't get around like she wants. I have to keep her quality of life as my first priority.

This is about as "upright" as she can manage right now (with her neck). She can still stand, she was just relaxing in this photo.

Her typical neck and head posture right now.

Ah, poor thing, that has to be frustrating for the both of you. I can't imagine the muscles in her neck feel good under that kind of tension, either. Here's to hoping she defies the odds yet again, but I'm glad you're willing to make the hard choice for her if it comes to that.

Derp, please get well soon - we love you
love.gif

have you tried her on vitamin suppliments? haven't read the all the posts- poultry cell, vit E and seleneum, with a 1/4 baby asprin for inflamation may help-

have you tried her on vitamin suppliments? haven't read the all the posts- poultry cell, vit E and seleneum, with a 1/4 baby asprin for inflamation may help- 

I've dealt with wry neck before, this literally came on within hours. I strongly suspect physical trauma. I will forgo the suppliments unless the vet advises them as they may do more harm than good.

Back
Top Bottom