Hello everyone,
Just wanted to make a coop page! (finally) So this is it!
Here are some pictures of the newest bunch of Desert Valley Chickens!
They are Buff Orps and Cuckoo Marans.

My Chicken Story:
From 2018, chickens have been my passion. My first flock was made up of sussex and white leghorn hens. Sadly, they got eaten by coyotes after one year:hit. My next flock, some of which I still have today (thanks to BYC!) comprised of a Dominique rooster, 3 Buff orpingtons, 4 Barred Rocks, 3 Light Brahmas and a Rhode Island Red.
I then joined Backyard Chickens after a year of keeping that flock. The Rhode Island Red had already died and I needed help to raise more chickens. Backyard Chickens really helped me to learn to get better security on my desert coop and keep the chooks alive. In the next few years I still got 4 deaths due to hawks (:barnie) but I kept on going. I gave my coop security upgrades over the years and now I have a healthy and happy flock to this day. I give much thanks to BYC! :woot:thumbsup

View attachment 3567295

View attachment 3567299

View attachment 3567296

View attachment 3567298
Buffy sat near me today!
(And is very interested in BYC :lau )

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to make a coop page! (finally) So this is it!
Here are some pictures of the newest bunch of Desert Valley Chickens!
They are Buff Orps and Cuckoo Marans.

My Chicken Story:
From 2018, chickens have been my passion. My first flock was made up of sussex and white leghorn hens. Sadly, they got eaten by coyotes after one year:hit. My next flock, some of which I still have today (thanks to BYC!) comprised of a Dominique rooster, 3 Buff orpingtons, 4 Barred Rocks, 3 Light Brahmas and a Rhode Island Red.
I then joined Backyard Chickens after a year of keeping that flock. The Rhode Island Red had already died and I needed help to raise more chickens. Backyard Chickens really helped me to learn to get better security on my desert coop and keep the chooks alive. In the next few years I still got 4 deaths due to hawks (:barnie) but I kept on going. I gave my coop security upgrades over the years and now I have a healthy and happy flock to this day. I give much thanks to BYC! :woot:thumbsup

View attachment 3567295

View attachment 3567299

View attachment 3567296

View attachment 3567298
This is what the big chook coop looks like!
20230803_103125.jpg

Back
Top Bottom