Devil pants! And Satan shoes!

That is very odd. I have worn everything from heavily patterned leggings to boxer briefs to plaid around my birds (chicken, guinea, quail) and all manner of foot ware and the most interest they have shown is to sometimes curiously peck at colorful shoes. Are you quite sure there were no other variables?

I'm constantly changing what I'm wearing out there - different colored shirts and pants, jackets, hats, accessories, etc - so for my flock it's normal to see me with different "feathers" on a regular basis.

If you keep mixing it up they'll eventually get over it, then even if you're dressed like a clown they won't care at all!

Having read about chickens reacting badly when a new outfit suddenly shows up, I deliberately wore different clothes -- from boring khaki shorts to bright, flowered skirts -- at different times in order to acclimate them to my wardrobe.

The only constant is my knee-high, black muck boots, which are likely to last for many years and then be replaced with something similar because sturdy, practical, men's boots fit my feet better and suit my needs better than cute, colorful boots that aren't so sturdy. :D

(Yes, you will see me out there in a colorful skirt and my muck boots).

The only constant is my knee-high, black muck boots, which are likely to last for many years and then be replaced with something similar because sturdy, practical, men's boots fit my feet better and suit my needs better than cute, colorful boots that aren't so sturdy. :D

(Yes, you will see me out there in a colorful skirt and my muck boots).
I even have 3 pairs of muck boots so my "feet" change color too.

Probably the most my chickens were alarmed was when I walked in with a shower cap, goggles, face mask, and baggy men's clothing destined for the trash, to spray down the coop for mites. I ended up deciding that type of outfit was good for coop cleanouts too, but they were only upset the first time.

I used to have no problem with our very aggressive rooster when I was a kid - he knew I was boss (partly because I spent so much time cuddling him and begging him to be good). The one time he went for me was when I went out in my maroon coloured soccer kit - just the same colour as his feathers! They definitely can tell ;)

Yesterday I took the purple muck bucket to clean the coop. The same bucket Ive used from day one but somehow the bucket is now a demon bucket.
Betty the leghorn hit it. I thought she had accidently run into it but she followed me and when I set it down in the yard she flew at it. Neck feathers raised , claws out.
Its now a scary , bad , demonic , purple bucket. Note to self, buy new bucket.

That is very odd. I have worn everything from heavily patterned leggings to boxer briefs to plaid around my birds (chicken, guinea, quail) and all manner of foot ware and the most interest they have shown is to sometimes curiously peck at colorful shoes. Are you quite sure there were no other variables?
I think it’s the consistency of what I’ve always worn..solid colors for this whole time, then the blue white plaid freaked them for whatever reason..

Certainly made me think! I guess they saw the same solid colors for so long, I threw them for a loop..try wearing an all white disposable chemical suit out there and see what they do..lol..or yellow..
My birds are curious, & usually check out what's new, & get used to it pretty quickly.

Mine don't care what I wear, although they love to peck at fuzzy things more, and had serious issues with winter coats. (I had to send 3 back because the chickens wouldn't come near me.) But I've always worn different clothes around them, and interacted with them a LOT since they were day-olds.
I had these 15 in my living room (yeah..might rethink that if there’s a next time..) for 5 weeks or so..I interacted with them as much as a disabled, stay at home chicken poppa possibly could! Strawberry chard kabobs, black soldier fly larvae, scrambled egg treats..pampered gals for sure!

I'm constantly changing what I'm wearing out there - different colored shirts and pants, jackets, hats, accessories, etc - so for my flock it's normal to see me with different "feathers" on a regular basis.

If you keep mixing it up they'll eventually get over it, then even if you're dressed like a clown they won't care at all!

Back
Top Bottom