Devil pants! And Satan shoes!

Mine don't care what I wear, although they love to peck at fuzzy things more, and had serious issues with winter coats. (I had to send 3 back because the chickens wouldn't come near me.) But I've always worn different clothes around them, and interacted with them a LOT since they were day-olds.

Mine don't care what I wear, although they love to peck at fuzzy things more, and had serious issues with winter coats. (I had to send 3 back because the chickens wouldn't come near me.) But I've always worn different clothes around them, and interacted with them a LOT since they were day-olds.
I don't think I've worn a coat or sweater around mine yet. Will be interesting to see how they react when cold weather comes - which can't be soon enough!

That is very odd. I have worn everything from heavily patterned leggings to boxer briefs to plaid around my birds (chicken, guinea, quail) and all manner of foot ware and the most interest they have shown is to sometimes curiously peck at colorful shoes. Are you quite sure there were no other variables?
Yeah, it if you wore the same colors and patterns for eighteen weeks, your birds would probably react too. My five Brahmas did the same as young pullets the first time I wore my carhartts to the coop. They’d never seen them before, so were wary and ran to the end of the run away from me. The older birds knew it was just my “winter plumage,” so were fine with it. They’re such funny little birds!

This peculiarity of memory in chickens is due to their evolution. Chickens are domesticated birds, so they don't need to remember where the danger was.

Too funny! Maybe they didn't appreciate your fashion sense. Little divas! :lau

My chickens don't pay attention to what I'm wearing for the most part. They're too busy looking to see if I have treats in my hands. Colorful leggings will get pecked by one, though.

This peculiarity of memory in chickens is due to their evolution. Chickens are domesticated birds, so they don't need to remember where the danger was.
The owner will take care of it, and there will be no danger next time. True, this doesn't work with inedible objects, but it's difficult to understand for the hen. That's why she tries to peck the rope, ball, slippers and other objects from time to time, climbs into the vegetable garden, although it was forbidden, will approach the other pets, even though they carry danger for her.

Back
Top Bottom