Deworming

Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer and Safeguard liquid goat wormer are excellent wormers for chickens.
Watery diarrhea doesnt mean that your birds have worms. If it's hot where you live and they drink alot of water, they will have watery diarrhea.

It does get very hot here but it hasn’t been over 100 lately. I do give fruit for treats. Like watermelon nectarines. But since I’m getting a response I have a hen that keeps giving soft eggs but won’t eat the oyster shells. Is there anything else I can give her?

It does get very hot here but it hasn’t been over 100 lately. I do give fruit for treats. Like watermelon nectarines. But since I’m getting a response I have a hen that keeps giving soft eggs but won’t eat the oyster shells. Is there anything else I can give her?
Cut back on the fruit, it's likely the cause of the diarrhea.
What is her diet?
calcium rich food will help, chickens dig yogurt.

:woot :jumpy:celebrate:):DWell, from my experience BRAGG apple cider vinegar is the best from my experience as quoted from Gail Demerow's book "the Chicken Encyclopedia", which has given me luck keeping parasites and worms away. After you use the apple cider vineager (make sure it's bragg, with 'mother strand') make an electrolyte concoction wich you can get the ingredients used and instructions from searching " Elecrolytes for chickens". Make sure that the source includes:
Sodium bicarbonate (bking soda)
-Salt
-Water
- Potassium ( powdered, commonly found in salt replacments)
best to look up amt, for it depends on how many birds had worms/electrolytes.
:love:welcome:bun:yesss:
Even if you don't have worms yet ( I don't think you do) Still giving them 1/4 tsp per 1 Gal is benifical, and my ducks LOVE the taste of it!!
:D Have a good one.
-S. Raven.

Attachments

• DSC_0337.JPG
    DSC_0337.JPG
    609.4 KB · Views: 1
:woot :jumpy:celebrate:):DWell, from my experience BRAGG apple cider vinegar is the best from my experience as quoted from Gail Demerow's book "the Chicken Encyclopedia", which has given me luck keeping parasites and worms away. After you use the apple cider vineager (make sure it's bragg, with 'mother strand') make an electrolyte concoction wich you can get the ingredients used and instructions from searching " Elecrolytes for chickens". Make sure that the source includes:
Sodium bicarbonate (bking soda)
-Salt
-Water
- Potassium ( powdered, commonly found in salt replacments)
best to look up amt, for it depends on how many birds had worms/electrolytes.
:love:welcome:bun:yesss:
Even if you don't have worms yet ( I don't think you do) Still giving them 1/4 tsp per 1 Gal is benifical, and my ducks LOVE the taste of it!!
:D Have a good one.
-S. Raven.
Sorry, that's misinformation. Bragg's ACV and any other type of ACV will not prevent nor treat worms. Been there done that many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom