Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
What handsome boys Sally! My roos were together for 6 months before separating them. They never fought with each other. (no pullets or hens to squawk over) Now that they are separated with their gals... It's a different ball game. I could always tell who was top dog out if the bunch. As long as they have "get away" room and have been tgether all this time... You should be safe. They know the order. You may find that one will challenge the top dog eventually, but you'll notice that behavior before it happens. One will seem a little more brave than before. Then, its time to separate. Yes, definitely keep at least 3 if you have different breeding pens.

Baby # 2 came! #1 is in the brooder, and 3&4 are wiggling ...I stayed up all night could not sleep...was waiting for #2 and figures I leave to Walmart and #2 hatches ...at least hubby got a video! Now for names!

Cute stuff
love.gif
Congrats!!

Baby # 2 came! #1 is in the brooder, and 3&4 are wiggling ...I stayed up all night could not sleep...was waiting for #2 and figures I leave to Walmart and #2 hatches ...at least hubby got a video! Now for names!

YAY TOLD YA YOU GOT THIS!!! LOOKEY THERE!!! awwwww

I LOVE LOVE that little water crock!!! cool

and that is one comfy set ! up ya got, needs a pillow yet lol!!!
I have 6 of those chairs too! with maroon velvet love love them, I picked up a leather top old octagon card table and they are so cool with it!!

What handsome boys Sally! My roos were together for 6 months before separating them. They never fought with each other. (no pullets or hens to squawk over) Now that they are separated with their gals... It's a different ball game. I could always tell who was top dog out if the bunch. As long as they have "get away" room and have been tgether all this time... You should be safe. They know the order. You may find that one will challenge the top dog eventually, but you'll notice that behavior before it happens. One will seem a little more brave than before. Then, its time to separate. Yes, definitely keep at least 3 if you have different breeding pens.
thumbsup.gif
I want all of them!!! lol

Congrats on the new baby!!

Sally - I have had many roos together, even ones that didn't grow up together. I never had any big fights, just initial squabbles about who's boss, and then they left each other alone. i think as long as you have enough room and/or places to hide, you wont see any problems. the only roos i've ever had to get rid of, were ones that were people agressive.
tongue.gif
BAD roosters that would attack my son!!

My eggs are 5 days and 3 days old, lol, i know its crazy, but i'm counting the days, maybe makes it go faster....

Congrats on the new baby!!

Sally - I have had many roos together, even ones that didn't grow up together. I never had any big fights, just initial squabbles about who's boss, and then they left each other alone. i think as long as you have enough room and/or places to hide, you wont see any problems. the only roos i've ever had to get rid of, were ones that were people agressive.
tongue.gif
BAD roosters that would attack my son!!

My eggs are 5 days and 3 days old, lol, i know its crazy, but i'm counting the days, maybe makes it go faster....
thumbsup.gif
bad roo for chasing little ones!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom