Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I just set 14 eggs (from Wisher1000) on Mother's Day! 10 BCM, 2 EE, and 2 SC. They are in my LG still air incubator. So far the temperature has been very stable. It is staying from 99 degrees to 100 degrees. When I open the lid to turn the eggs, it will go down to 97 degrees for less then 10 minuets. I have not been really worried about the humidity since I am doing a dry hatch, so as long as it is over 25% I don't mess with it. I am only on day 3 so I don't get to candle for a few more days. Does everything sound okay? Sally Sunshine told me about this thread and I am hoping to hang out with all you smart and experienced hatchers while I am waiting for these babies to hatch!

Marissa

Well I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks, I've been busy with my college finals and my son has started baseball this year, along with trying to keep the daily farm chores done I haven't had time to stop by. I don't know if everyone remembers but I am attempting to hatch duck, turkey, chicken and guinea eggs together. Well apparently some decided to hatch a day early. Tommorow will be the 28th day, but I have 5 turkeys already with more on their way out. Also a few ducks and at least one guinea has broke through their shells. I know I'm not supposed to open the incubator in order to maintain humidity levels but the turkeys are knocking eggs all over the place. I'm concerned that the turkeys will knock the other eggs into a position that keeps them from hatching. What should I do?

Wonder if the eggs got chilled under my broody hens? Only one chick so far and they are on day 21 and day 22. I thought I had seen more pips but I looked in the light today and didn't see any. Im candling tonight.

Well I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks, I've been busy with my college finals and my son has started baseball this year, along with trying to keep the daily farm chores done I haven't had time to stop by. I don't know if everyone remembers but I am attempting to hatch duck, turkey, chicken and guinea eggs together. Well apparently some decided to hatch a day early. Tommorow will be the 28th day, but I have 5 turkeys already with more on their way out. Also a few ducks and at least one guinea has broke through their shells. I know I'm not supposed to open the incubator in order to maintain humidity levels but the turkeys are knocking eggs all over the place. I'm concerned that the turkeys will knock the other eggs into a position that keeps them from hatching. What should I do?

frow.gif
Cody. I have been wondering how your hatch was going. You can quickly scoop put chicks. Just use a spray bottle with warm water. spray sides and bottom for a quick burst of humidity. Don't spray the eggs.

Thank you very much! Sorry I haven't been on here to update everyone more often, this is always the busiest time of year for me, I'm trying to keep my garden under control from weeds, trying to fix fence and pens, and all of life's other daily tasks. Out of the eight eggs I put under my broody hen seven hatched and they are doing great. I have 4 chicken, 6 guinea, 9 duck, and 12 turkey eggs that made it to lockdown, and 5 turkeys have hatched so far with 5 more that have pipped. 6 duck eggs and one guinea egg have also pipped, but no chickens so far. I also purchased a dozen two week old game chickens a week ago. I only put them in the brooder for about a day because they were already pretty much fully feathered and could already fly. They are doing great also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom