Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
0.jpg

Day 12 took them out to cool and dunk them, thought I would video my quick candle, all look great, and air cells lost since yesterday!

Is there someone here that can give me advice on a wrong end pip?

-Kathy
on a duck or chick?

I just make the pip a tad bigger CAREFULLY and use Qtips to make sure nares are clear of all fluids and then I let them hatch on their own, but I use the others hatching as a guide to when the mals need assistance

FROM THE ASSIST ARTICLE.......

EXAMPLE of why I tell everyone if they have a malposition (pipped wrong end)

its chirping and getting air LET THEM ALONE just note the time and keep an eye on them!
These are usually the first pips you can see, because they are both the internal and external pips.
I got lucky to catch a video of one today....
EXCUSE the WHITE OUTS thats the bator lights kicking on and off sorry!

Quote:
It's a Muscovy. It's from a huge nest that's been hatching for five or six days (over 20 ducklings now). I put it and two others that looked to be a the same development stage under a different hen and both those eggs are also pipped, but at the correct end.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Last edited:
Quote:
It's a Muscovy. It's from a huge nest that's been hatching for five or six days (over 20 ducklings now). I put it and two others that looked to be a the same development stage under a different hen and both those eggs are also pipped, but at the correct end.
big_smile.png

-Kathy
holy ducklings Kathy! sweet! I wish I had a broody scovy to hatch my goose eggs
hmm.png

My duck eggs are developing! And one of the 3 fertile eggs from the second shipment of cochin eggs entered lockdown...it was a bit late, took them out when I was candling the whole incubator...Two look like they died earlier and one had internally pipped! Time will tell, God willing.

The malposition I got last time was stuff like...beak over left wing and the chicken died because it didn't have any mobility to zip. I may have been able to save it had I known that was the problem. Is that something you can diagnose with the chick in the egg?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom