Diary of an x fat cow part 2 - Diary of a chubby chicken!!!!!

oesdog

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Ireland
News from the OES
Well a lot of you know how much I have struggled with weight loss.
In August I decided the only way was a very firm kick up the rear-end and tell it how it is kind of thing. So the Diary of a fat cow was born.

I spent a month being quite hard on myself hoping to get a stone off. In fact I managed to get slightly over the stone off. Now it is the start of November and I am pleased to report that I have mostly kept the weight off. Since I stopped the Fat cow diary, which left me at a wonderful 10.stone. I have gotten my weight down as far as 9 stone 12 lbs sadly it does creep up to 10 stone 2lbs after a major pig out! (You know the kind of thing - morning after that massive chinese you know you shouldn't have eaten! ) So now I am hovering about at around 10 stone which I can tell you is wonderful for me. I have had some really lovely experiences in my new trimmer me.
One of the things that was a major good thing was being able to buy clothes off the peg and knowing they would actually "fit". I went to buy a new pair of jeans. My old ones are massive and fall down if I move too fast! lol. So to spare my blushes I went in search of a new pair. The girl in the store helped me as the sizes were all European or American. I asked for a UK size 12 pair. She looked at me and said - "you might like to go up a size!" OUCH!!!!! Well I grabed the first pair off the stand which was a 30/30. UK 12 and headed for the changing room. They slid up my thighs and over my butt and yeap I even did them up! The tag read
:
Slim skinny fit!!!!!! I was delighted to take them back to the girl and say I will take those thanks!!!!
celebrate.gif
The other good things that have given me a boost has been - being able to do up my Boots! My legs got so big that I couldn;t do them up at all. Durring the Fat cow diary I actually managed to get them done up right to the top but I didn't even have socks on under them. I can now report that I CAN DO THEM UP OVER THE SKINNY JEANS!!!!!!!AND SOCKS!!!! I have also started wearing my lovely knee length boots again and doing them up to the top over the jeans too!!!!! I am a happy happy girl!!!!!

So why the new thread?
To be honest with you all I am still very much on the chubby side and so this is very much trying to get that chubby chicken to become the thin chick I so want her to be! My BMI says I should be 9 stone 10 lbs to get within an acceptable weight for my height. However I know from taking a good look that there are a lot of places still holding fast onto that unwanted flab.

Yes there is and no matter how much this chicken tries it is still there looking back at me! So now I am going to deal with it.
I am hoping to get as much weight off as I can in 30 days. I would like to lose another stone - I am supposed to be between 7stone 10 lbs and 9 stone 10 lbs. So if I manage to get a stone off that would be perfect. I would love to get down to 9 stone eventually. 8.10 would be better as that would put me bang on the middle of the acceptable weight for my height but I don't think I will ever get to that again. I don't want to have unrealistic expectation and doing it slowely is probably better longterm.

So this is going to be the start of another Diary which I am calling
The diary of a chubby chicken!

I am going to do what I did before and that is to simply write down all I eat everyday and post it. If nothing else It may stop me drinking all the coffee I seem to be at again!
So here goes! I am remembering to number the coffees! Not allowed anymore than 5 and hope to have only 3! NOT!
lol.png

1st November
DAY 1
Weight 10.stone 2lbs ( yeap had a pig out yesturday.)
I knew today was comming and well there was chocolate and pie!
th.gif

Breakfast
1)Coffee white no sugar.
No time for anything today as going to take our disabled boy to hospital for his epilepsy appointment. Skipping meals is never a good idea.

Exercise? - OMG ! That is all I can say!
sickbyc.gif

Mid morning snack
2)Coffee white no sugar
Ginger biscuit
Grabbed this in suppermarket on way home!

Lunchtime
3)Coffee white no sugar
Banana
Past lunch now and don't feel like anything I am so tired and sore!

Mid afternoon snack
4)Coffee white no sugar
half slice of white bread No butter, with home made apple jelly on top! Yum!

Dinner
Thick cut chips and small slice of beef and onion pie ( yes I know but it was left over and had to be eaten.) This made me feel bloated and sick. It was not a good choice of food.
Milk pudding.
Glass of plain water.

Exercise?
Ok I did manage to pull the trampett from the dinningroom into the middle of the livingroom floor
All done now!
roll.png

Supper
5)Coffee white No sugar.
half slice of toast and Apple jelly

I was determined not to eat after 7 pm tonight but clearly this did not happen as DH made toast! Thing is it is homemade bread and home made apple jelly both of which need to be eaten. Once gone we will not eat anymore this month.
Hopefully?

Last edited:
2nd November
DAY 2

Weight 10.stone 1lbs -

I am hoping that by tomorrow the affects of the pig out and pie will be back to normal and I will make 10 stone again. I feel I am always starting my diet diary in defult! Oh well at least it was just a couple of lbs. We all go up and down in weight from day to day depending on what we have eaten and drank (or time of the month of course!). However I think a difference of a few lbs isn;t an issue. When that difference becomes the 5-7lbs that don't go away after a few days then I think there is a problem. We can't just put it down to the above of fluid or any of the other excuses we like to use. - It is what it is FAT! So I am glad those few lbs are comming off again for me. I am hoping that I never go up drastically again. This is one reason I am starting this now because I know KNOW I will pig out over Christmas and I don't intend to be back to 11 stone come January! If I am 9 stone 7 lbs after Christmas I will be delighted! This weather being so cold here does not help either as all I want to do is sit beside the fire eating stews and drinking wine!

I was reading what I ate so far and it is giving me a lot to think on already. I know I have started to drink too much coffee again and most of what I was eating was carbs. Pie and bread and stuff that simply is not at all good for me. So why do I do it? DH loves to bake so it is good to be able to give him that support.
But really I do have to be stronger as no one forces food down my throat. I am really up for this challenge and knowing where I am going wrong is half way to getting it right. I need to be firm with myself and get down to the task. I am looking foward to posting my weight again. The posting of food is a vital part of this too because I can take stock of what I am eating and have a long look at my diet blunders. I am not sure by looking at this how I have managed to keep the weight off? I am hoping that as I fill in the next bit my choices will improve somewhat. The big thing is to think more of protiens and not to skip meals.
The input from others is also really imprtant and I certainly felt a lot of support last time I did this. I think I will put a 9 stone 7 lbs as my first target and see where we go from there. So from day one which was 10 stone 2 lbs I need to lose 9 lbs. I am already one down so here is counting 8 lbs to go.

I was looking at how far I have come and I realised I was 167lb when I started to lose weight 2 yrs back. I have so far lost nearly 26lbs which is 141lbs/ 142 yersturday. If I lost 23 lbs I would be at my desired weight of 8stone 7lbs. But I think doing it in small easy chunks has been good.

Breakfast
1)Coffee white no sugar.

OMG - 2) Needed a second cup!!!!!
Exercise?
Walk

Mid morning snack
3) White coffee No sugar
Bun on the run. (went to shopping centre and Drs)

Lunchtime
4) White coffee No sugar.
No lunch no time and once home too much to do. ( Missing meals again! ugh!)

Mid afternoon snack
None - no time rushing to the chemist for Dans meds. cleaning kitchen and all sorts also my head is pounding and I feel sick.
Probably because I already nearly had my daily coffee intake before 12 noon! Yikes - it is just so cold and the hot cup keeps my hands toasty?
( Not a good excuse I know!)

Dinner
Friday means something nice and a glass of wine!
big_smile.png

Sadly no wine tonight. Company landed and so everything was put on hold. Mybe tomorrow? 5) Coffee white no sugar.
Pepperoni pizza and garlic bread.
Triffle
Fruit flavoured water.

Exercise?
none tonight simply too tired and sore.

Supper
None.

How I feel
I am a little sad really that despit my good intentions I spent half the day missing meals and drinking too much coffee and the other half missing my wine and eating more starchy carbs. UGH? Why?????
Still maybe I might weigh less tomorrow?

Last edited:
Oes,

Keep trying... Can you try to keep some fruit around for a quick snack? Bananas, apples? You can't live on carbs and coffee!!! What about keeping yogurt (especially Greek) in your refrigerator to grab on the run?

Can you switch to decaf or half decaf, half full strength coffee so you still have something warm to drink? Or try tea or even herbal tea?

Also, last time you drank a lot of fruit flavored water, remember?

Last edited:
Thanks for this post. It is nice to get a post on this thread! Sometimes I feel very alone doing this but it is the only thing that has worked for me.

I know I am drifting back into the bad habbits. The cold weather and feeling tired all the time doesn;t help. Also when I have such a lot going on it is nice to "treat " myself but then I think chocolate and I am domed! I am still very much surprised that I have managed to keep the weight off! I just need to keep that up!

I will go look at the coffee. - OMG you know I took coffee yesterday and within an hour I had drank two mugs and was pouring a third before I stopped myself.

As for the carbs yes you are right of course carbs and coffee are not a good combination - my life is very on the run right now and so I have now gotten in Apples, oranges and Bananas. ( and GREEK yogurt!) Hopefully that will be a good start though DH did pick up the most lovely crusty loaf which is calling for my attention and of course it is CARB heaven! I feel sick a lot and have those bad headaches going on again. Today it is a dull thump - it started in the shop yesterday and has not gone yet. I am thinking STRESS headaces and Coffee overload are not a good combination either. I am sure I need lots of help and advice suggestions and a large boot up the rear end to overcome this afliction!

Oes

Last edited:
3rd November
Day 3

Weight
10 stone 1lb - I am thinking this will only really start once I am back past that old 10 stone wall!!!!!

Breakfast
1) White coffee no sugar.

Exercise?
none

Mid morning snack
2) White coffee no sugar
Handfull of dates.

Lunchtime
3) White coffee no sugar
Pumpkin soup and 1 slice white bread ( yeap with butter on!)

Mid afternoon snack
4) White coffee no sugar
1 slice of bread with Apple jelly on top.

Dinner
Fish and small portion of chips.
Chunk of home made coffee cake with butter icing yum!
Water ( I think this is the only low cal low carb thing I have had all day!)

Exercise?
Guilt drove me to the x trainor and I did 10 mins.

Supper
5) Coffee white no sugar.
Popcorn infront of a movie.

How I feel
I am a bit disapointed with myself as all my good intentions seem to have fallen away. I started the day badly thinking I would do cooked breakfasts but no one wanted any so I skipped breakfast while they got cereals. Half way through the morning DH started to bake and was doing a date and banana cake so I dove into the dates. I thought this might be ok because they were fruit? Anyhow then we got to lunch which was also ok because I had pumpkin soup home made which was lovely but then I got myself a big chunk of bread to dip into it! (slippery slope!) In the afternoon I was hungry and the bread was calling so I had another slice with apple jelly on top. ( a sence of carb overload is begining by this stage!) Dinner ended up being quick and easy because I wasn;t feeling too well so I just threw Fish and chips into the oven. ( More carbs!) Then DH presented me with a massive chunk of Coffee and buttercream cake Yum but bursting with FAT and CARBS and everything I am not supposed to be eating. So feeling much guilt I went to the x tranor, however the damage is done today and nothing will help it now.
In the evening we settled to a film and had popcorn and by this stage I didn;t care anymore about the carbs and fat - I felt I failed big time and again I am back to the old mistakes. I think this is going to be far more challenging than last time I did the diary. Anyhow tomorrow is another day MUST TRY HARDER!
th.gif

Last edited:
4th Nov
Day 4

Weight 10.1 - OMG haven't even started yet!
he.gif

This is a new day and I am really going to change my ways!!!!!!! I depressingly looked at the Fat cow diary to compair what I had lost at day 4 then. On day one I was 11 stone 1 lb. On day four I was 10 stone 10 lbs???? OMG I had lost 5 lbs - in 4 days? I cannot believe that. But I guess fluid had a lot to do with it. I have lost just 1 lb in 4 days this time and then I know I was down to 9 stone 12 lbs a few days before. UGH! I really need to look back at what I ate and try harder.

Breakfast
1) White coffee no sugar.
Having late breakfast as its Sunday.

Exercise?
10 mins x tranor.
glass of water.

Mid morning snack
2) Coffee white no sugar
Cooked breakfast of egg, bacon sausage and potato bread.
( High in protien low in carbs!)

Lunchtime
Had cooked breakfast at 10.30am and still not hungry so no junk food intake!

Mid afternoon snack
None as I don't need any.

Dinner
Glass of water.
chicken, mixed roast and boiled veg.
Slice of coffee cake ( It was a thin slice?)
Exercise?
none

Supper
3) Coffee white no sugar.

Last edited:
Juat saw this post I wish you success on your mission Its one I need to start as well. Don't know if you have it over the pond but try looking for the the new fad here Skinny Coffee its actually green coffee beans and is supposed to help you lose weight. Its one of the things I am looking into as well Good luck and keep it up you will overcome

I have seen the green coffee things for weight loss, but wouldn't that just be a super caffeine high? Not sure my heart valves could handle it.
I have however decided that coconut oil does work. I do not get hungry for carbs anymore. Snacking is now no longer a need. I feel better. I do not know if I have had a weight loss, but clothes fit better.

Remember, if it comes off slowly it is more likely to stay off. it went on a little at a time, it can come off that way. It is a new lifestyle that we want not a quick fix to a slow problem.
don't beat yourself up for slow loss or no loss. save the selfinflicted verbal brutality for the gains.
wink.png

chunky chicken, ha-ha. (ewes not fat, ewes fluffy)

Thanks for that you all.

Here we do get Skinny coffee but it is usually, - well when I ask for Skinny latte when I am out I always thought it was made with semi-skimmed milk???? I am at a loss and don't know what else would be skinny? I am such a coffee adict. I would have drank near 20 mugs a day but have gotten it down to 4/5 some days are worse than others. I love coffee. It is harder in the cold because the warm cup does keep my mitts warm!

Ewes fluffy - Made me smile - my beautiful Murphy (my avatar) was very fluffy indeed he died a few months back suddenly and I do miss him terribly. Miss my Mum too who died in February this year. It kind of made me go into a downword spiral of comfort eating and I ballooned in weight again. I am only 5 foot tall so it was a lot of weight for a little woman to carry. I really had to do something and last resort was the FAT COW Diary. It was brillient and worked for me because I litterally had to shame myself into doing something about the weight. I am certainly better than I was but I really need to ditch the chubby chicken. It is a lifestyle choice but hard ot keep up. With DH ill and tired and in bed a lot and our disabled son the same there is little room for doing excersize and to be honest I am not motivated in the stretching direction having gotten myself Fibromyalga. (Soft tissue arthritis) DH was diognosed with it too a few weeks ago. So not good news. THat is the main reason why we now don't have a woolly mamoth in the house. Once Murph passed we thought about getting another but really I can;t walk it and it wouldn;t be fair. Murph would walk off lead and not pull but a new dog wouldn;t do that. I simply don;t have it in in to train another. I miss murph another isn;t going to be murph anyhow. ( gosh now I am depressed buxxxr! )

Anyhow I am trying to get a bit of x tranor going on and maybe a bit of trampett! It is nice to have a chat with folk and a bit of encouragement as sometimes it is a very lonely road. I NEED to lose another stone!

Oes

I think you need to have some more "grab and go" snacks. Bananas, hard boiled eggs, nuts, things like that instead of bread. What about soy milk? That has a lot of protein. You need to eat protein in the morning so you don't get hungry. You did great the other day in the morning with your egg breakfast, you just need to have things you can grab instead of carbs.

Back
Top Bottom