Did anyone set chicken eggs on April 11th?

I cracked the eggs that didn't look good when candled and results were 4 infertile, and 1 dead embryo about 2mm in size. 9 out of 15 eggs left looking good. Humidity 48%, temperature 99.9. How is everyone else's eggs doing? Walnut hill how are yours doing? Have you candle yet?

I have two pips on my current set today, there are 3 probable no good out of the 29 in lockdown, but if they don't stink and show something in there, in they go. I have 48 more looking good due the next couple of weeks.

I set MINE on the 10th. Just candles today for day 14.
Started with 48 shipped eggs. Mixed breeds. Day 10 I pulled the clears and early quitters leaving me with 29.
First time to ever incubate anything. I'm using the LG9300 with the fan. Hand turning 3-7 times a day. Temps are constant 99.5-100.5. Dry incubating at 27-35% but trying to keep it on the higher side as my air cells are pretty big for day 14 (thanks to @AmyLynn2374
1f61c.png
- such a wise woman). I got it to 34% currently, but I'm afraid of messing with it for fear it will become unbalanced, quick.

My kids are so ready for hatch day. My granddaughter is staying a few days with me and she keeps asking "did the chick come out, GiGi?" She's 3 and probably won't be here this time next week when the excitement starts. (GiGi can only handle a few days and then time to send her back to mom
1f609.png
)

Good luck to all. I'll be keeping up with everyone...

I set MINE on the 10th. Just candles today for day 14.
Started with 48 shipped eggs. Mixed breeds. Day 10 I pulled the clears and early quitters leaving me with 29.
First time to ever incubate anything. I'm using the LG9300 with the fan. Hand turning 3-7 times a day. Temps are constant 99.5-100.5. Dry incubating at 27-35% but trying to keep it on the higher side as my air cells are pretty big for day 14 (thanks to @AmyLynn2374
1f61c.png
- such a wise woman). I got it to 34% currently, but I'm afraid of messing with it for fear it will become unbalanced, quick.

My kids are so ready for hatch day. My granddaughter is staying a few days with me and she keeps asking "did the chick come out, GiGi?" She's 3 and probably won't be here this time next week when the excitement starts. (GiGi can only handle a few days and then time to send her back to mom
1f609.png
)

Good luck to all. I'll be keeping up with everyone...
That's cute. I know as an adult it is nerve wracking trying to have the patience, I can't imagine the kids...lol

Those of you that set on April 11th How is everything looking? I set on the 11th and so far out of 14 eggs I lost 1 Egg so I'm down to 13 eggs now all of my other eggs are lookin fine!

I added 6 more on April 20th to my original 18 that were set on the 11th. Candled today and I got rid of the clears and blood rings. Some I can't tell because the shell is too dark. Right now I have 10 still in that look to be ok.

From the 37 I set, I'm down to 29. Most of the eggs were collected when it was still very cold outside, a couple had been infertile to begin with, and about six had loose air cells even though they weren't shipped (my chickens must have been playing soccer with the eggs). I have one more "maybe" but it's dark shell and I can't see any movement. I'm going to leave it until day 18. Most of the eggs with the loose air cells had a red ring of death after being set, although some were in various stages of growth. I've noticed no odors with the eggs.

The rest of the eggs the babies were dancing in the shells! When I first set them I wasn't nervous at all. Now I'm a bucket of nerves! Must be because they're close to lockdown.

I can only imagine how you feel, I have 14ish more days left for my turkeys and I'm nervous. Being first attempt at incubating even one hatched poult would be a pleasant surprise.

Back
Top Bottom