So we had some potatoes that started sprouting. My inclination was to throw them out but husband salvaged them by cutting out the sprouts. The sprouts he threw into the compost pile. Our chickens frequently scavenge and eat out of the compost pile. After eating the potatoes DH salvaged, I got pretty sick with a fever and headache. I'm guessing because he didn't actually peel the potatoes.Though I'm feeling better now, I'm worried the chickens might have eaten the sprouts. Found out too late you are not supposed to feed them green potato peels (logically then potato sprouts are off limits too). If I got that sick from just the potatoes, I can only imagine that the sprouts have higher amounts of solanine toxin. The chickens don't seem to be sick and are acting like usual. My question is, if they did ingest the sprouts, will it negatively affect their eggs? I usually feed my baby some of their egg, but am now worried that the most recent eggs might be contaminated. Thanks for any advice.