Did what I could... waiting game. NEW CHICK!! WHAT IS THIS? CULL??????

I reunited her with her siblings
wink.png
She's happy and toodlin around just fine. It's just a waiting game now.

Good thing they ended up alright!
I had a chick born 2 days ago with its' intestines hanging out... it died shortly after it hatched
sad.png

Plus, I had a gosling (one of the ones killed) that hatched before and had a bloody naval, I wrapped the gosling up in an old towel so it dried the naval up and held the blood in, it stopped shortly after.

Good luck and I hope they continue on their road to recovery
wink.png

Well, I haven't lost any yet. Houdini and the one with the belly thing seem smaller and not as energetic. But, time will tell. They seem good otherwise. Hanging out with the other chicks
smile.png
Taking naps, eating, drinking.
smile.png

fl.gif

The one with the belly thing... her? name will be either Marie Antoinette or if it's a he..... Louis.... since she almost lost her head
ep.gif
lau.gif

Glad it's still with us. Hope it makes it through okay!! Do you give your chicks Avia Charge 2000? I swear by it, and give it right from hatch. Maybe that would give the little one with the issue a bit of extra...oomph?

I had bought some vitamin powder for chickens prior to this.. I think maybe it has electrolytes too.... but anyhow, I added that to the water.

The chick is doing good. Seems to have healed up... just a crusty little spot which will hopefully just drop off one day
big_smile.png
Actually, the one I worry about most is another that hatched with what I think must have been an unabsorbed yolk???? And now she has a dried up long thing hanging from her. She's getting around ok, but there just looks to be something not right with her. But, after all of that, I'd be feeling pretty crummy too
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom