Did you hatch/purchase ducklings in April of 2022?

Everose

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʙᴏᴛʜ ʜᴀᴜɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟʏ.
Premium Feather Member
Jan 16, 2021
The Great Country of Texas
Hey y'all 👋
I hatched welsh harlequin ducklings in April of 2022 and they're officially ten months old and I'm not getting eggs. I haven't gotten a single one.
So I was just wondering if this is something others are dealing with, or just me?🤔
Did I hatch them at the worst time of year?!😂

Also, let me know if your ducks are laying, I'm always curious to see how well they'll lay through winter.

Also before some keyboard warrior goes off on me about conspiracy theories, I just want to put it out there that this is a genuine question, this is not the place for anyone's pro or anti conspiracy arguments. Thank you😉

Hi there, I hatched some Calls in March
Im Jealous Kevin Durant GIF by Apple TV+

of last year and they have been laying since for a few weeks now, but the Muscovy ducks and the mutt ducks are not laying. :idunno
Hmm, maybe my freeloaders just need more time😞

I, sadly, did not get permission to get more chickens last year. Thankfully, I get to pick out some from TSC and hatch some too this year!
What kinds are you looking to get?

Hey y'all 👋
I hatched welsh harlequin ducklings in April of 2022 and they're officially ten months old and I'm not getting eggs. I haven't gotten a single one.
So I was just wondering if this is something others are dealing with, or just me?🤔
Did I hatch them at the worst time of year?!😂

Also, let me know if your ducks are laying, I'm always curious to see how well they'll lay through winter.
I have a few females that hatched around April-June last year. Most of those are laying but not all, and the overall production of the whole flock (all 1-2 years old) is down a lot even with the warm weather we've had. They're eating 16% feed right now and I've found that they seem to lay better on at least 18%, so I'm going to switch them back and see if that helps.

Are you sure your ducks aren't hiding eggs somewhere?
Also, different strains of ducks within the same breed sometimes have varying egg production, so it could possibly be genetic with them to start late.

I have a few females that hatched around April-June last year. Most of those are laying but not all, and the overall production of the whole flock (all 1-2 years old) is down a lot even with the warm weather we've had. They're eating 16% feed right now and I've found that they seem to lay better on at least 18%, so I'm going to switch them back and see if that helps.
I've switched mine up to 20%.
Are you sure your ducks aren't hiding eggs somewhere?
Positive. I have them in a run, and there are really only five or so good laying spots.
Also, different strains of ducks within the same breed sometimes have varying egg production, so it could possibly be genetic with them to start late.
I will definitely contact the breeder, thx for the advice😁

Back
Top Bottom