Apr 14, 2019
Farmington, Missouri
My Coop
My Coop
I’ve had my chickens since March 26, 2019 and I’ve recently went in their run and sat down and observed their behavior. What I found out shocked me quite a bit. For a long time, this is something that I didn’t even know about domesticated chickens. How they behave is very feline like. Like I’m mean to say is, one minute they are all over you and all about you and then the next minute they are like, “I’m done here I have little to no interest in you anymore, bye.” Then they just walk away and do their own thing. They act exactly like domesticated cats. They literally have a mind of their own and do what they want to when they want to. They behave like they are self centered or selfish. Like I’ll give you guys some advice when to go in the run and coop and visit with them. When you sit down with them, never grab them, pet them or pick them up. Let them come over to you and then you can pick them up, grab them or pet them. To me, they are exactly like domesticated cats with feathers. What’s your view or opinion on my observations about chicken behaviors? Do you agree what I say or do you have a different view?

Back
Top Bottom