Disappearing ducks

5hens&aroo

Songster
5 Years
Apr 20, 2018
Kentucky
I have had 3 ducks disappear without a trace. They free range during the day with our chickens and we put them away right before dark. The disappearances have happened randomly every couple of days. No chickens are missing or injured. Just ducks. Any guesses on what it is getting them? Or are they running away…. :hmm

I had a Welsh Harlequin hen get attacked at 3a.m. by a 40lb snapping turtle. I entered the pond, shot the turtle in the face and rescued my duck. I had to staple her back together, but she made it! I had 2 disappear prior to her, same pond. Snappers will leave no trace of the attack, not one feather.

I have had 3 ducks disappear without a trace. They free range during the day with our chickens and we put them away right before dark. The disappearances have happened randomly every couple of days. No chickens are missing or injured. Just ducks. Any guesses on what it is getting them? Or are they running away…. :hmm
Updates?

I had a Welsh Harlequin hen get attacked at 3a.m. by a 40lb snapping turtle. I entered the pond, shot the turtle in the face and rescued my duck. I had to staple her back together, but she made it! I had 2 disappear prior to her, same pond. Snappers will leave no trace of the attack, not one feather.
:welcome Welcome! It's an old thread and the OP hasn't been on for a while .... but the info may help somebody with a similar issue that stumbles upon the article.

Back
Top Bottom