Dixie Chicks

Would you be able to have just one house chicken? It wouldn't need a flock because in a house humans are the flock. Check out "people with housechickens." Chickens are the new "pet dog."
I thought about it before I sold them, but the problem is I live with my parents for cheap rent and to help them when they can't get something done on their own. My mom's rule is that the only reason a chicken should be in the house is if it's injured. Technically speaking, my mom is afraid of birds. :lol:

I currently have a little Serama pullet inside. Was treating her for some respiratory issues, but she is much better now. It has gotten really cold this week though, so she may end up inside for the whole winter.
Surprisingly, my hubby doesn't mind. He laughs because she chirps and makes noise when I leave the room. He has started telling her "mommy will be right back.." lol!
WP_20171209_12_27_24_Moment.jpg

I currently have a little Serama pullet inside. Was treating her for some respiratory issues, but she is much better now. It has gotten really cold this week though, so she may end up inside for the whole winter.
Surprisingly, my hubby doesn't mind. He laughs because she chirps and makes noise when I leave the room. He has started telling her "mommy will be right back.." lol!
View attachment 1206888
That's adorable! :love

View attachment 1206888
that is a great color!

Did you get her a diaper?

Hey folks, long time no see. I'm not entirely sure I was ready to come back here yet, but I kinda feel like everyone I used to talk to a lot should know why I've been gone. I didn't think just being on the site would upset me so badly, but I guess I'm still not over what's happened.

Shortly after I disappeared I was forced to sell my chickens and it's left behind a strange kind of hole. I always thought that I'd be fine if I ever had to sell them all, but I'm not. For the first time in my nearly 28 years of life, I don't have chickens and I don't have them 'safe at home' to look forward to. They're all gone and, after returning here a few moments ago, I realized I'm not ok.

I keep trying to tell myself they're just chickens and I'll get more when we're in a better place money-wise, but waiting for that to happen actually hurts more than I thought it would.

I had a choice and I sold the chickens rather than letting them starve. I had to decide between my horse and my chickens and my horse won because I can't bring myself to send him off into the unknown after all the abuse he suffered at the hands of previous owners.

I made the right choice, but I never thought it would leave a hole like this. And now I'm crying even harder because I noticed I was given BYC Friend while I was away and it means so much to me that people like me that well. :hit

:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

One day! I didn't sell my incubators, at least, so when it's time I'll get eggs so I can get it all out of my system in one go. :lol:

You just say the word when you are ready for eggs! :thumbsup

:lau I don't doubt it!

You know, for some reason it never really sank in that there were folks here that didn't have chickens. I think I get it though. Why leave a community you love just because you don't have chickens. I feel kinda dumb now. :lau

No reason to feel that way! :hugs
A lot of people do see it as just BYC... but us fortunate ones have discovered it was how we found some amazing, true friends... always here for you, Raz... :highfive:

View attachment 1206888

Honey!!! :love :love

She is sooooo gorgeous!!!

Back
Top Bottom