Dixie Chicks

I hear the menonites do it too.. just how do I make friends with them?

Come down to Ohio/ Michigan/ Indiana. BTW Mennonite is a break away f4om the Amish. The Amish wear the plain clothes and don't have modern conveniences. Mennonite have different groups with varying degrees of dress. But they do have any and all modern conveniences. How do I know? I lived in a town (just south of me now) made up of various 'groups' of Mennonite people. A former sister in law was raised in a medium strict Mennonite home.

I was gonna comment on stuff.... but I am too tired....

blah

the blessing went well.... I even had the priest bless the chickens and ducks!
gig.gif
He was such a good sport! Let me call them out with some scratch, and he made sure to get all of them! (I wasn't about to have him walk through the pens
roll.png
)

Anyway... tired, tired, tired.

I was gonna comment on stuff.... but I am too tired....

blah

the blessing went well.... I even had the priest bless the chickens and ducks!
gig.gif
He was such a good sport! Let me call them out with some scratch, and he made sure to get all of them! (I wasn't about to have him walk through the pens
roll.png
)

Anyway... tired, tired, tired.
get some rest - you deserve it. glad the blessing went well.

Mennonite's round here drive cars and and use cell phones also. But they do wear the traditional clothes and look just like Amish. Very nice people. We have a small grocery store they run, and in another town they have a construction company they call 'Amish sheds and barns.'
They make sheds and prefab garages. Will build what ever kind of house or garage you want. They built my neighbor's log sided two story house in just a few days it was amazing, unfinished inside of course. Stained the whole thing in one day. Just a few young guys. And they did use a air compressor nail guns and electricity.

i have seen those on line they do horse barns too... all prefab all you have to do is prepare the foundations they do the rest. You also have to get permitts too.

deb

As for my commenting, it's finals week for my kids. I am on and off here all the time trying to get caught up. LOL

The one in online school is making me tear my hair out. He will not prepare himself and is not going to do well.
hit.gif
How many times does it take to pass English 10 and US History? I don't know yet.
somad.gif

The one in regular school went in early today to take her French final speech part of the exam. The teacher is allowing them to do one on one instead of in front of classmates if they choose. She thinks she did really well.

So on the snowiest day of the winter so far, I got to drive on un-plowed roads at 6:30 in the morning. YAY! Boo. I couldn't see a dang thing. But I made it there and back alive, so there's that. LOL

I got in some much needed chicken tv today too. Even watched an egg drop from a hen on a roost. Silly girl, don't even think she knew it was coming.
ep.gif

Hello to all-especially the new peeps.

and @Amberjem congrats on the HAL award.

Quote:
Its not work its a labor of love.... Same goes for just about all animal care.... Dogs horses chickens goats.... each have a degree of need and fulfillment. Mom understands this Granma absolutely not. My son is indifferent....

Even as weak and inable as i am I know I could go home right now and tend my livestock and be actually tired at night coming in with stink through and through and take a hot shower and feel good. I sooo miss it all.... and I know if and when i move home I will be more healthy.

deb

Back
Top Bottom