Dixie Chicks

I was gonna comment on stuff....  but I am too tired....

blah

the blessing went well.... I even had the priest bless the chickens and ducks!  :gig   He was such a good sport!  Let me call them out with some scratch, and he made sure to get all of them!  (I wasn't about to have him walk through the pens :rolleyes:

Anyway... tired, tired, tired.

What a great priest! Enjoy a good rest

Well said deb
Labour of love indeed.

As for my commenting, it's finals week for my kids. I am on and off here all the time trying to get caught up. LOL

The one in online school is making me tear my hair out. He will not prepare himself and is not going to do well.
hit.gif
How many times does it take to pass English 10 and US History? I don't know yet.
somad.gif

The one in regular school went in early today to take her French final speech part of the exam. The teacher is allowing them to do one on one instead of in front of classmates if they choose. She thinks she did really well.

So on the snowiest day of the winter so far, I got to drive on un-plowed roads at 6:30 in the morning. YAY! Boo. I couldn't see a dang thing. But I made it there and back alive, so there's that. LOL

I got in some much needed chicken tv today too. Even watched an egg drop from a hen on a roost. Silly girl, don't even think she knew it was coming.
ep.gif

Hello to all-especially the new peeps.

and @Amberjem congrats on the HAL award.
My eldest is like that.... I am not sure what I am going to do with him....

The amount of time that that by can waste, boggles the mind! Truly, HOURS to write one sentence. How something like that is possible....I just don't know.

But when I think about shipping him off to military school, or hanging him from a flag pole, I remind myself that I too was horrid in High school..... My parents couldn't get me to care about my grades....

I didn't care until I went to College, and then I cared. I dunno, but I suddenly cared.
roll.png

I am hoping my son will be the same.... just wake up one day and start caring.

Its not work its a labor of love.... Same goes for just about all animal care.... Dogs horses chickens goats.... each have a degree of need and fulfillment. Mom understands this Granma absolutely not. My son is indifferent....

Even as weak and inable as i am I know I could go home right now and tend my livestock and be actually tired at night coming in with stink through and through and take a hot shower and feel good. I sooo miss it all.... and I know if and when i move home I will be more healthy.

deb
Well put deb, I keep saying this because I still cannot believe I am raising chickens!!! and I LOVE it!!! Somebody pinch me. Now I get why DH wanted to get back to farming. I always made poor excuses not to, (my asthma was one and look I'm doing it anyway) I feel kinda bad I pushed it off his bucket list now. I'm putting it back on right now.

Well put deb, I keep saying this because I still cannot believe I am raising chickens!!! and I LOVE it!!! Somebody pinch me. Now I get why DH wanted to get back to farming. I always made poor excuses not to, (my asthma was one and look I'm doing it anyway) I feel kinda bad I pushed it off his bucket list now. I'm putting it back on right now.

So how do you manage farm live with asthma? Only asking cuz my DH has asthma too. He can manage his quite well most days. Realizing how every one is different I do wonder how he would fare if we moved to a farm after this property. My dream! His lungs got used to the dog, but I still avoid grooming the dog when he's home. The hope is his lungs would slowly adjust to farm live as we get more and more into it just like they did with the dog.
Ideally my farm would be in BC, maybe near the coast. The coast seems to have a good effect on his lungs.

On the processing.....I raise a couple of batches of meat birds (have done Freedom Rangers and Cornish X, 20 to 25 each spring and again in fall) to fill my freezer. We have a place about 20 miles away that processes poultry. $2 for chickens, more for turkeys or ducks. I use them because my DH is not going to help me and I have close neighbors that don't mind my live chickens but might have a problem if I started butchering them here. I have a friend that is going to teach me how to do my own by helping her with hers. She has a larger acreage and no close neighbors to worry about. The plan would be to take some of mine over and we would do some of hers and mine at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom