Dixie Chicks

Tomatoes should be started in a month probably... I might start early, but it will be a long time before I see anything I can harvest. I can probably start on the herbs around the same time I get the tomatoes going. The chilis are first though, because they can take quite long to start sprouting.

Deb, I really enjoy reading your writing. That was a nice description of the garden and the work you did on it, I could almost picture it in front of me... but instead it's just snow and sleeping trees here. The sun has been shining for about an hour though, it's amazing how much more energized you can feel when you get some sunshine on you.

Thank you when I get on a writing kick I tend to write a book... funny thing that... I am writing a book...

Love that expression.... "sleeping Trees" So perfect for these photos.

IN the chaparral at home the trees are coming out of Torpor.... Things I havent seen leaves on in a couple of years now are spreading out their hands with green to come to life enough to reproduce before they go back into dry weather hibernation.

Sooo similar.... yet opposite.
deb

My sunflower seeds day 1

Day 3

I love these big, handled strainers I got at local dollar store. I can hang them to drain.
I don't have to mess with mason jars (I am dangerous around glasses, no grip strength
sad.png
drops everything) and they get even more sunlight.
Chickens are gonna love me even more now.
You know.... I was wondering if a salad spinner might be a good tool for this?

deb

Back
Top Bottom