Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I don't like mashed potatoes either Alaskan. I like boiled and smashed on my plate with butter. The wife uses milk, sour cream is good in them especially with chives.
    Vehve you just upset me, I didn't get any deer this yr, we usually have two to four in the freezer. No way I would buy any, the price is outrageous here, lobster is cheaper. There just isn't very many deer farms in the US, and the mostly supply the high class city restaurants, same with rabbit farms. Rabbit can get expensive, the demand is higher than the supply.

2. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Ok, I almost 100 posts behind! WOW! I love the little chick @Alaskan . Hope you get lots @minihorse927 . I can't wait until spring here! [​IMG]

Rough day at work. Imagine if everyone hated their work place as much as I do.....yes. That is where I work. The big hardware store where everyone hates their job. The managers change the rules more than anyone can comprehend. The morale is so bad. I will be glad to be gone. Wherever I go.

@BriardChickens , How's the diet going? Mine.....not so well. I have been going twice a week to zumba even when my back is killing me. But the diet, about that....

3. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Beer, I don't usually buy venison either, but for the stew, crap parts are fine. That meat goes for about five bucks a pound, that's pretty affordable.

4. BriardChickens

BriardChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Well about that... actually it isn't that bad, I still love food which makes everything a battle. I have noticed a bit of a shape change on me. The scale did decide to go crazy on us ~3 weeks ago so we don't know if there has been any actual weight loss or gain. The scale has been showing the same weight if you step on with or without weights.... According to the scale DH and I weigh the same to the ounce for the last 3 weeks... NOT!

We have been doing the T25 work outs.. Monday - Friday evening we do a 25minute long intense workout when we get home from work. Some nights are more of a struggle then others, but we are on week 7 I think...

5. Beer can

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    That's not a bad price at all vehve, I think that's what ground beef is at right now, over $4 if you find it on sale. Supply and demand, Americans love beef and the weather here has created a shortage in beef herds.
    I remember about fifteen yrs ago there was a surplus, the dairy farmer who's land I worked a stone quarry on was complaining it cost him more than he was getting to ship calves to the auction, he was getting $5 each. I told him I would buy a couple to eat, he told me it costs more to feed them milk replacement and feed than it was worth.I says I was just going to butcher them as is and throw them on the bbq grill like suckling pig Lol! I never did do it though.

6. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois

7. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Mashed potatoes... I use new potatoes or Youkon Gold No peeling...

mashed with a little chicken stock for moisture and lots and lots of butter... Then on occasion I use cream instead of stock.

for variation I throw in some roasted garlic ....

Salt and cracked Pepper only

deb

8. Beer can

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I grew a bunch of red fingerling potatoes last year. They were awesome for salt potatoes left whole skin on and then drenched in butter. Anyone else do salt taters?

9. Beer can

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    WOW! That's what I was going to pay for cemani leghorn cross eggs, and drive two hours to pick up!
    I don't trust eggs yet though, I'm still a egg hatching virgin. I want to try some of my own free eggs from my welsummer first before I go spending big $. The cemani turken crosses I just got a update on. She's waiting to be sure I get two pullets and a cockerel, she still isn't sure. She also wanted to know if one whiteish one would be OK with me, their still fibro but she's mostly getting dominant white, her NN roo is white. The first two she saved out for me that are pure black even the toenails and tounges she's thinking are both pullets. I don't think it's a bad deal being they will be partly growed, and I want them more for a meat flock not to breed and profit. I think I'll look into pure eggs next yr. Would like to increase their size, I'm getting some black langshans this yr, a langshan cemani cross sounds like a project!

10. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Never heard of salt taters....but how do you grow yours? We do the tire stacking method. Works pretty good, but never can get enough potatoes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by