Dixie Chicks

nice happy duck egg!

I love nutritional yeast.. I think it is the best super easy, chunk it out there, full of lots of good stuff, diet addition..

HOWEVER it is bleepping expensive....

drives me nuts

Hmmm it's $7 for a decent sized bag... Yeah 200g... Never mind thanks for bringing that to my attention... It's the Debittered Brewers yeast that's like three bucks... Dang

@Alaskan cute chicks! Love the one with the red highlights, lol!

@hennible nice duck egg pic... reminds me, I need to check a few duck eggs in the bator... first ones I've tried, but not sure if they're viable...

Only one way to find out!

Last edited:
Yum! Especially true French croissants and the deep fried chicken and waffles!  I've always wanted to travel the world like you have! I've done a bit, but nowhere near that amount. We are going to Ireland next month though - DH's granny is turning 90 so we'll be celebrating with her and we'll celebrate our 10 year anniversary a month early (I've been twice before, once when we were first married and I was six months pregnant with my son, and the second time was our 5 year anniversary). We saw different sides of DH's family each time. I love Ireland and the food and scenery are delicious.  In fact, @vehve
 , your breakfast the other day reminded me of an Irish breakfast with the eggs and beans. Can't wait for that!
Some pockets use the McCanns steel cut Oatmeal as a bread and putting an egg in the center. And No, that is not toad in the hole, that is a bit different.

I was born into a military family, my hubby was also, 20+ and another 20+. We raised our boys traveling because we were a military family. Our older son also retired military w/20 years. Our young is medically retired from the military.
Being military for so many decades. We were exposed to other's and places from all over the world. Even after retirement we traveled a bit and I still managed to return to my home state after being on the hoof for over 40 years. The problem with that is, everything changed. Everyone was either dead or gone. And nothing was what I remembered it. Like this cold. I dont remember all this cold. We are enduring more cold than my eldest and he lives on Norway. He brags his weather is not as bad as ours and then "It" hit.

Recently, My daughter in law sent me a video of white out conditions and the islands had been evacuated. So yes! North of the Artic Circle is cold!

Quote:

Thankfully little girl is off school today. If I was a betting woman, I'd say she will be off tomorrow as well. We are under a winter storm warning. Thursday and Friday look even worse. Next year, I will have heated waterers. @vehve , How is your homemade waterer working?
Stay Safe! We aren't getting anything this time around except extreme cold! -11 this morning. Have you looked at my waterer? Just a thought. At -5 in the coop this morning and it's still working great. No ice in the bucket and uses only 58 - 78 watts. Easy to get water in and easy to make. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/heated-nipple-water-bucket
idunno.gif
Don't know if that helps but it might give you some ideas as well.

Al, I think it's mainly due to the broodiness. She's so wasted away, that just the state of malnourishment might be the cause of pain.
I hope she pulls through. Cats do a similar thing I guess when they haven't eaten or drank for a while. When mine were very sick we had to give them water by a dropper for 3 full days before they would even try to drink from a bowl. Poor Virpi.

Ducks day 8
Cool. Love candled egg pics!

So I've dug paths all over the farm today. 6" or 7" and another 4" to 6" expected tonight. Dug from the house to the garage, the garage to the back door of the house, from the house to the horse barn, and several small connector paths. Figure I'm not gonna make it out to work tomorrow so I'll probably get the snow blower out and clean the driveway. Cleaned the 30X30 run for the anconas and laying hens partially out. Got most of the snow cleaned off to the sides. The poor anconas couldn't even walk through it. At the same time the mandarin ducks were plowing through like tiny bulldozers! The calls just refused to leave the barn until I shoveled it.

Back
Top Bottom