Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Woo hoo. 2 months of chicken feed and bedding= $252.60
    2 months of egg sales= $252
    Negative 60 cents not bad ( I refuse to calculate hydro for waterers and light )
    Anyway the rest of the year should be better, we will be using less everything once they can forage and spend less time in the coop.

1 person likes this.
  2. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Nope, not going to calculate that. Although, if I go with 2.50 per half a dozen eggs, we're closing in at 250 euros saved in the 8 months they've been laying. So that's not so bad.

4. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    ouch, wish her the best and prayers for a speedy recovery.
    blech. I hate oats. I could sprout everything but oats!

5. 1kluckychik

1kluckychik Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2014
    Skipperville, Alabama
    Nice!!

6. BriardChickens

BriardChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Not bad at all hennible! My chicken feed keeps getting broken into by the sheep. Stupid sheep! Now that it is a few steps up on the patio it seems fine. We'll watch and see for how long that lasts and how much longer a bag of chicken feed last us.

TNT: I've got a huge heap of frozen poop/water/shavings in the middle of my coop. I tried "shaving" it down with the spade, pick it off with the pitch fork and got no changes to it. [​IMG] Yesterday we had a good day, 5 eggs, but 3 froze and cracked by the time I got to them another [​IMG]

7. hennible

My Australian Shepherd periodically breaks into my feed I need some more secure storage and maybe I can get rid of that $.60 loss lol... Also he occasionally steals eggs because the birds are not consistently laying in the rollaway boxes... well if they would just lay in the darn boxes I'd be better off...

8. BriardChickens

Jul 9, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    I can't trust the sheep, they constantly break out of their fence (they have 3 acres! and we have ~1 on "our" side of the fence) and then break into the feed and hay. The dog chases the sheep when they break out, so now the sheep don't trust the dog where ever anyone is. The nice thing is I can trust my dog with food, but a toy is a different story.. [​IMG]

The sheep figured out how to open garbage can lids (the snap kind) as well as how to open a bungee chord over said lid. I really hope the sheep don't learn how to walk up stairs.

9. BriardChickens

Jul 9, 2014
    Northern Alberta
    Oh and the dog looooves food just as much as I do! [​IMG]

10. hennible

Man, smart sheep!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by