Dixie Chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Amberjem, Jan 1, 2015.

1. JulesChicks

JulesChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol...x2 on all above.. While drooling over the prime rib- also my favorite along with ribeye (entrecôte - I learned a new word), I was agreeing that I am having glitches too. I mentioned before that I'll get a slew of email updates, and then none for hours and I think, is everyone asleep over here. But, nope, I signed on tonight and I'm 10 pages behind! I give up, I'm beat so I can't catch up tonight. Good night all!

2. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Wow

3. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Good morning all! 2:16am. Super busy day! I'm working only a 1/2 day-4am to 9am, then headed off to pick up little girl from school, taking her to the dentist, then out to eat, (after we wait for fillings to be set[​IMG]), then home where there is tons of work to be done. Do all schools have crazy rules like Ohio? If a child misses more than 1 hour, they are considered absent for the whole day. I think that's ridiculous. Even the school secretary said "you might as well keep her home tomorrow. She'll be counted absent because you are picking her up early". Then they want to know if I am taking her back to school. Heck NO! I would just keep her home, but I have to work. She can get 2 hours of schooling anyways.

I am fixing up a big pot of pinto bean soup with ham today[​IMG]. And cornbread-of course.

Have a good day!

4. Mahen100

Mahen100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    Ellendale, TN
    Oh Jules, I am so glad its not just me....even though I am sorry your having the problem too. :D I had HP send me a "critical update" message in the middle of that...they thought it critical that I put their "helpful HP icon" in my tray here, so that they could help me if ever need be. (SHEESH)

So I tried to think that it was something in this relatively new tower, and not an issue within BYC.

Jem, my mama told me not to be going anywhere I wasn't personally invited. Just sayin'

5. Mahen100

Mahen100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    Ellendale, TN
    JWB with the weather and roads this winter, I think that is a totally ridiculous rule. (ignore it?)

6. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    It is. I don't care if she misses a day. She has very good grades and has only missed a couple days this year. One of which I picked her up 3 hours early because they called and said she is sick.

7. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Bama, the cheap ones have been too small, the ones that could actually fit over two steaks have been about 30€.

I read somewhere to boil the peels of a potato in a bit of water for fifteen minutes in the cast iron pan, then dump the water, turn up the heat and add oil. The leftover starch will react with the oil a d coat the surface.

Silly absence rules.

8. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

@Beer can I think you should contact them incase you got lost in paperwork or whatever.......................if nothing else just say you are confirming and worried when you hadnt recieved anything and saw what you wanted suddenly listed unavailable...

9. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    the anconas must have decided the weather was decent enough now to lay eggs yesterday and today. The chickens took a little mini break for a few days where only a few of them late but now they seem to be picking back up to since weather's a hint warmer.. Don't feel bad, my birds won't hardley venture out this snow, the ducks are really the only ones willing and only for a few minutes at a time.

I love little baby bunnies, they're too cute!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  10. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    up in pa i know the colletors pay dear for griswald, i've used lodge and griswald since 1968 when momma gave me a set of hers for wedding, already seasoned of course, might have even been some of grandma's, they never wear out as long as they're taken care of

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by