Dixie Chicks

@bamadude what do you think of your Marans and Cream Legbars as breeds? These are both high on my list. I am getting one 3 mo old CL pullet and I may order some FBCM chicks from the same breeder. I'm also getting 2 Swedish Flower Hens (5 mo old pullets) from them. I really want some Marans, the only ones I can find around here are the black copper, but I would love blue! I'm very curious to see what your crosses look like all grown up...Have you done these crosses already and have pics to show, pretty please?

Amberjem those appear to be wheaten Marans x buff brahma. The males should feather in darker colored.
The blue eggs will be ice cream bars, Wheaten marans x cream legbar F1 olive eggers, or blue Marans x cream legbar F1 olive eggers. Gonna be gangsta
couldnt they be isbar/cream legbar also? I thought the isbar, maran were the roosters with em?

@bamadude what do you think of your Marans and Cream Legbars as breeds? These are both high on my list. I am getting one 3 mo old CL pullet and I may order some FBCM chicks from the same breeder. I'm also getting 2 Swedish Flower Hens (5 mo old pullets) from them.  I really want some Marans, the only ones I can find around here are the black copper, but I would love blue! I'm very curious to see what your crosses look like all grown up...Have you done these crosses already and have pics to show, pretty please?

Im really pleased with them so far. We have very very hot summers so we will see how well they handle it.
I have hatched these crosses several times. The chicks usually sell before they are a week old. I have been selling them through craigslist. I havnt kept in touch with anybody who got them. They havnt complained though

love.gif
clap.gif

Amberjem there is a very good possibility of auto sexing. Look for a white head spot for males and eyeliner on females

In the nicest kind of way, I disagree with bamadude concerning the likelihood of them autosexing....unless it is a 3rd or 4th generation cross where he has selected for that trait. Just an opinion.

Bama, don't forget about Last Man On Earth tonight!!!
Awesome chicks jem!
Do you breed pure also bama? What's the reason for the crosses?
Experiment or Heterosis/hybrid vigor? Or because ice cream bars are cool Lol!

One of my sex link chicks displayed the male spot and looks the part ( like the barred rock ) but I was pretty happy to find out it is 100% a hen. Wonder what the chances are on that....
The other hens are solid black as they should be, the other barred birds are male.

Back
Top Bottom