Dixie Chicks

I paid for 24 eggs, he is sending 18 eggs of the kind I wanted, and then the rest are random Leghorn eggs that I have no interest in, and never agreed to.

And he was late sending them... (I thought at first it meant they were dropped off at your place yesterday and you didn't get them)

Not good business...

He owes you either a refund equal to the amount of 6 eggs or another group of eggs...

Sending 'surprise' extras is one thing, but this is so wrong...

yep... the fact that the eggs are so old now... who knows how old, but clearly older than he originally planned....

AND

it turns out that I am not getting what I paid for, breed wise

That is just flat out bad business... if something happened, like laying issues, he should have contacted you ASAP... but late and not the right order is just totally wrong...

I am so sorry, Alaskan... :hugs

I am not capable of comment.............

I decided to shell out big bucks for 2 dozen rose comb Leghorn eggs, I said about half white rose comb and half dark brown rose comb.....

On Saturday night he said he would have the eggs ready to ship out Monday...

I sent him the money Sunday,

Still not here, I asked for the tracking number ....

he gave me the number, I looked it up, it said it was dropped off:

March 25, 2015 , 3:01 pm (that is yesterday, Wednesday, not Monday)

then he texted me this:
I sent 18 eggs of whites and dark browns and a dozen suprise leghorn eggs

yep... the fact that the eggs are so old now... who knows how old, but clearly older than he originally planned....

AND

ep.gif
so what IS being sent if it's not the breed you want? aside from the eggs that were extra you werent interested in maybe can sell at least?

Marti Poultry is out of business. I did quite a but of business with them back in the early to mid 80's.

Cackle Hatchery is a great place to get birds. I don't order much anymore as I try to work with what I have and buy mire locally now. Most if my current flock is either from Cackle or descended from Cackle stock. If your looking for a hatchery to order from though I highly recommend them.

Last edited:
I am not capable of comment.............

I decided to shell out big bucks for 2 dozen rose comb Leghorn eggs, I said about half white rose comb and half dark brown rose comb.....

On Saturday night he said he would have the eggs ready to ship out Monday...

I sent him the money Sunday,

Still not here, I asked for the tracking number ....

he gave me the number, I looked it up,  it said it was dropped off:

March 25, 2015 , 3:01 pm  (that is yesterday, Wednesday, not Monday)

then he texted me this:
I sent 18 eggs of whites and dark browns and a dozen suprise leghorn eggs
how is it ok to not send the agreed upon eggs? I'd be out of the Poultry business if all I ever did was send eggs late without telling people and then not even send them what they order!

AND

That's wrong. I would dispute the charges and rate the sender (if applicable).

Thanks for the comments on what to do with my barred rock hens. In the end, I'll have more mutts this year. Because boy mutts taste like chicken and girl mutts lay eggs
big_smile.png
. Well, they would if my chickens were laying
hmm.png
Weather is all across the board. My niece calls it "Bipolar" weather. She is right. Upper 60s one day, then into the 20s that same night with snow. Next day upper 30s and rain, then down to teens again.
barnie.gif
You get the idea. No wonder we are all sick....again. Hubby thinks he has pneumonia. He is going to dr today. I have to work. I think mine is combo of sinus and allergies. Happens every spring and fall. My body hates the season changes I guess.

@minihorse927 , super sorry about the baby chick
sad.png
. That mean hen. Don't rely on me to save her. I have a bad temper and probably would have ate her for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom