Dixie Chicks

those were @RavynFallen
  's beautiful lavs she is hatching now :) I agree we need lots n lots more pictures :)

More pics soon... lots more Lavs and some black splits... got a lot to do right now... :)

No time to read,
Just "hi guys"

Heyla, Sam... :)

I use hair cutting scissors. Work pretty good.
I cut both. 1 winged birds tend to fly, although poorly.

Thank you for the advice! Much appreciated!! Hate grounding, but better to keep them safe...

More pics soon... lots more Lavs and some black splits... got a lot to do right now...
smile.png

Heyla, Sam...
smile.png

Thank you for the advice! Much appreciated!! Hate grounding, but better to keep them safe...
ya.gif
oh oh how many have hatched so far?

Quote: I got a pickle recipe from my Mom that she got from my Dad's oldest sister (since passed away). It called for slacked lime. I asked my Mom about it she said she didn't know if it was different from pickling lime. I asked a couple of ladies at church that were my Mom's age that canned things. Said they didn't know if it was the same. Finally called my Dad's youngest sister (90 and in a nursing home). Same stuff she said. I used pickling lime and the pickles turned out just like I remember. Sweet pickle chunks! Yum!

These are my RIR babies all same age. Have one with no tail feathers. Does this mean an specific gender?
what deb said some lines will not display tail feathers when they are cockerels and are slower to develope...keep an eye on em :)
I got a pickle recipe from my Mom that she got from my Dad's oldest sister (since passed away). It called for slacked lime. I asked my Mom about it she said she didn't know if it was different from pickling lime. I asked a couple of ladies at church that were my Mom's age that canned things. Said they didn't know if it was the same. Finally called my Dad's youngest sister (90 and in a nursing home). Same stuff she said. I used pickling lime and the pickles turned out just like I remember. Sweet pickle chunks! Yum!
kewl what was the pickle recipe? :)

Back
Top Bottom