Dixie Chicks

Yep... looks like it to me... that black cockerel is the tallest, just measured him and is about 6 1/2 inches from the floor to top of his shoulders/wing bows... all the others are shorter... think their bodies are about 6 inches long too... not counting fluffy tails, lol...
awww yay! Glad they are staying small. I have a couple freaks who are much larger than expected...

I guess the biggest thing that is getting to me about him being gone all the time is he was just on vacation with me since Tuesday night and he has to drive nights this week (he chose that shift cause it pays over $1300 a night to the truck) so he left here a little after 4pm. He normally leaves between 7 and 8pm on Sunday nights.

I love vacations but I also hate it.

That really sucks... and agree about the vacay bit too... :/
But... at least he is a provider/contributer in the household...

awww yay! Glad they are staying small. I have a couple freaks who are much larger than expected...

No, no bigguns... they're all really close in size... he just had the slightly longer legs at hatch... I so friggin love em... gotta trim nails soon though... how do you keep them from overgrowing? They're nails grow super fast and long!

That really sucks... and agree about the vacay bit too... :/
But... at least he is a provider/contributer in the household...
No, no bigguns... they're all really close in size... he just had the slightly longer legs at hatch... I so friggin love em... gotta trim nails soon though... how do you keep them from overgrowing? They're nails grow super fast and long!
I've only trimmed any of mine once. Of course they spend a.bunch of time scratching in the shaving and dirt. The only nails I ever had to trim was the middle.on most of them cause the outsides were short

It's those Longtail genetics, makes all the feathers nails grow!

I've only trimmed any of mine once. Of course they spend a.bunch of time scratching in the shaving and dirt. The only nails I ever had to trim was the middle.on most of them cause the outsides were short

It's those Longtail genetics, makes all the feathers nails grow!

Yep, it's that middle one... since I've kept them inside for such a verrrry long time, they're in shavings most of the time still... it's only when I put them on a towel for pics or social time, each step they take the middle nail catches in the cloth...

Makes sense, similarto hair and nails, huh? :D

@Outpost JWB I need a good snake in the barn for mouse control. Had a nice 5 foot black snake that has stayed in our barn for the last 4 summers but didn't show up this year. We are getting over run with mice. So if you have an extra just send it my way.
If I had a good snake, I'd send it to you. I think everyone should have a good snake.

Well I'm back. Antique machinery show is over and tractors are all back home along with the borrowed semi and trailer.

I have to admit I'm getting really sick of my fiance being.gone most of the week. Leaves Sunday night and returns Friday night cause his job is a hour and half 1 way away and he drives truck for a living. Am I being selfish by saying I'm tired of it? Been over 5 years of it.
Just keep him fiancé till you have things the way you want.
smile.png

So quiet here that our thread moved down to the bottom half of the front page of the random ramblings...

In news from my front: the EE hatch is moving. Out of 6 eggs, 1 was zipped and 3 were pipped this morning. Hoping to have at least one chick out by the time I get home tonight!! Definitely heard some strong "peeps" this morning.

Back
Top Bottom