Dixie Chicks

hahah he does look like he has huge breasts! I sure hope so 50 will be in delight lol he keeps complaining about the lack of breast size in the chickens we've processed so far...thought think the wyandottes have had the best cacaess showing so far...the americans had some great thighs which makes me happy but 50's a breast man

CX are the ones you process for large breasts, lol... but didn't you have meaties in a tractor?
Or cook him one breast at a time, lol...

CX are the ones you process for large breasts, lol... but didn't you have meaties in a tractor?
Or cook him one breast at a time, lol...
no not meaties just mixed layer meatsies....but do have the dark cornish have them set aside from breeding n to see what kinda meat processes from em.. they have been dual or mutt chickens.. couple with polish crossed in which doesnt exactly lend itself to meatie birds..

my brahma's are looking beautiful :) infact daisy was the fist to come say hello...and duke looks like he is taking the lead roo position...the guys all seem to be getting along great so far so thats good...and butler my oldest roo he is so sweet to the girls and tolerant of the cockerels and other roosters still.......blue the blue wyandot rooster is turning into a spectacular gent too...anyways the four surviving dudes are for breeding later...anjd are cohabitating splendidly so far...

no not meaties just mixed layer meatsies....but do have the dark cornish have them set aside from breeding n to see what kinda meat processes from em.. they have been dual or mutt chickens.. couple with polish crossed in which doesnt exactly lend itself to meatie birds..

my brahma's are looking beautiful :) infact daisy was the fist to come say hello...and duke looks like he is taking the lead roo position...the guys all seem to be getting along great so far so thats good...and butler my oldest roo he is so sweet to the girls and tolerant of the cockerels and other roosters still.......blue the blue wyandot rooster is turning into a spectacular gent too...anyways the four  surviving dudes are for breeding later...anjd are cohabitating splendidly so far...

Isn't that awesome when they all get along?? :D

I was gonna try some CX this fall but dunno so much on the plate and not sure if the local feed store will have them or if it has come or gone since they carry them in

I'm probably never going to bother with those... too many extra roos running around already... I'll take the skimpier meat over a whole nother setup... :/

I want to give meaties a try free ranged and fed on Fermented Feed I have seen videos of how well they do when not pushed so hard to grow. It only takes them a couple of weeks longer to get to butcher weight But they dont stink and they dont have leg problems.

deb

hugs sorry @perchie.girl didnt mean to worry anyone things just been mega crazy with 6000+ miles painting cleaning moving n closing house in maryland and everything it's been barely enough time to breath...and didnt have access to decent puter or anything so kinda left me in blackout............. @minihorse927 @RavynFallen @vehve @bamadude @hennible
@BriardChickens @Alaskan @Razadia @NotAFarm @Beer can @Peep_Show @Cold Canadian whats new?

Far to busy lately ! but got four piglets , my white turkeys are reaching twenty pounds so there day is coming ........other then that work work work , and try to get firewood home before the snow flies

hugs sorry @perchie.girl didnt mean to worry anyone things just been mega crazy with 6000+ miles painting cleaning moving n closing house in maryland and everything it's been barely enough time to breath...and didnt have access to decent puter or anything so kinda left me in blackout............. @minihorse927 @RavynFallen @vehve @bamadude @hennible
@BriardChickens @Alaskan @Razadia @NotAFarm @Beer can @Peep_Show @Cold Canadian whats new?

Hi Jem!

Haven't been on here....too much to do and too little computer time to read much.
Good to see you back!

Meaties go to the butcher on Friday...25 Cornish X....friend gets 10 of them. I'm glad they are about done.
Hatched some Icelandic chicks from eggs from another breeder. Will keep the pullets and rehome cockerels.
Hatched some Icelandic chicks from my flock. Will rehome pullets with the above cockerels and keep two cockerels from my original cock...he is five and a half and I am planning on one of his sons being a replacement for him in the future.
We had some cool days and nights last week to remind us that Fall is on the way but this week has been high 80s and clear.
Corn and soybean harvest will start here soon.
The hickory nuts are falling now and it is like walking on marbles and golf balls out there!!

@Amberjem ,

Remember
frow.gif
We miss that!

Didn't lose anymore pullets today. Good day. Only got 6 eggs though.....molting season here. Looks like an attack back at the coop with all the feathers everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom