Dixie Chicks

Sally, yeah, I'm familiar with trying to break broodies, so far we've mainly hatched when someone has happened to go broody, but we've never needed to make someone broody. I think it should be possible though, the past few days when I've gone to collect, someone has been sitting on the catch of the day. So might be that they're open to the idea of little chirpers.
fl.gif
fl.gif

Al, glad to hear he's hanging in there. Are his nostrils clear, by the way? After Eemeli was in a fight and he was super flegmatic and everything, until we took a q-tip and cleared his nostrils, he started eating and drinking right away after that.

That is odd, why would his nostrils clog up?

Baby drake has been fine nostril wise.

I am giving him a week, then I will stop worrying about him. :)

But, he is looking good.

coldest its ever gotten at my house was -15 C    Thats when the Jet stream took a dip... bout blew my house away too.  Lost pipes never intended for that cold.

deb

Crazy climate shifting about.

Up here we keep dancing around freezing. The ice us WILD bad. Yesterday I needed a kid to grab my hand, I had zero traction and was standing still...couldn't go towards the car, or back towards the front stoop for a better run at the car. :rolleyes: Stupid ice.

The years when we hit -10F for weeks on end..... Misty dreams

My ducks will require a fairly large pasture, and i am debating on covering it too. Daytime thread is eagles. They will just fly off with a whole chicken in their talons. Yesterday I spent a significant amount of time looking up commercial fishing nets, it's a much more affordable option then any kind of wire. 
Will it hold up, I sure hope (think?) so. After all, if a shark can get caught in one, I'd think it'll keep an eagle away from my ducks and chickens.

You will be on the coast. There should be MOUNTAINS of free fishing net at every boat supply place and dump site.

But, canuk is correct. Wet snow will pull it down like no ones business.

However, it would make an excellent temporary top for your runs, or summer only top. You could use it over a "only for summer" pasture.

Except coons..... Will you have those? :oops:

Quote:
deb how is the family? and you never updated me on your writings!

Familys good Grandma is back to being her bossy self... a mixed blessing.
lau.gif
I just weathered out a three day recurring migraine. writing is on hold but thats to be expected. I am developing caractures for illustrating the book. I belive my new character set will be helpful for tying alot of threads toghther within the book series.

I dont expect to illustrate my book but I want to draw up a few so I can hand it over to someone who can do it right.

deb

Familys good Grandma is back to being her bossy self... a mixed blessing.
lau.gif
I just weathered out a three day recurring migraine. writing is on hold but thats to be expected. I am developing caractures for illustrating the book. I belive my new character set will be helpful for tying alot of threads toghther within the book series.

I dont expect to illustrate my book but I want to draw up a few so I can hand it over to someone who can do it right.

deb
Oh I am so happy she is! what an amazing woman! I need to start smoking and drinking and have a good time soon if I plan to keep on ticking! She sounds so cool! I am sorry about the migraines, do you think its from the new eating yer doin? Caractures!!! how fun!!!!! are you doing them yerself? I sooooo have to see them! you need to get moving as I am ready for the adventures!
wee.gif
you probably will do a great job with them even though you are sending them out to someone else! I just adore you! so smart and wonderful yet so dang humble!
hugs.gif

That is odd, why would his nostrils clog up?

Baby drake has been fine nostril wise.

I am giving him a week, then I will stop worrying about him.
smile.png

But, he is looking good.
Crazy climate shifting about.

Up here we keep dancing around freezing. The ice us WILD bad. Yesterday I needed a kid to grab my hand, I had zero traction and was standing still...couldn't go towards the car, or back towards the front stoop for a better run at the car.
roll.png
Stupid ice.

The years when we hit -10F for weeks on end..... Misty dreams
You will be on the coast. There should be MOUNTAINS of free fishing net at every boat supply place and dump site.

But, canuk is correct. Wet snow will pull it down like no ones business.

However, it would make an excellent temporary top for your runs, or summer only top. You could use it over a "only for summer" pasture.

Except coons..... Will you have those?
hide.gif
I may get a few snow days, depending on the material I may just be able to shake the snow off. I have looked at some of the finer new stuff.

Yes to raccoons. If I can get the net tight enough it should keep the raccoons out. They are nasty, I'd like to avoid them.

She will have coons down there...
1f62b.png
Yepp, threats will include eagles, owls and raccoons. Rats if you count those.

Quote:
Yep drawing.... I am good with the inspiration and first sketch or drawing... I suck at duplication.

Migraines are from Dry weather. I do get them periodically nothing has changed. Food plan is awesome... Lerned a few things Now I cant eat all that I am required.... Lost 5.4 pounds last weigh in.... But from the holidays I have been yo yo ing.

deb

Back
Top Bottom