Dixie Chicks

@Cold Canadian

That is horrid (that you had a wreck due to someone elses stupidity...and that they said it was your fault) but that isn't a case of following too close or not or whatever... It is a case of a driver taking a big risk, driving wrecklessly, and jumping immediately in front of you.
sad.png

Talking about horrors....

I got a box of chicks Friday.... I have NEVER had such a loss! Never even close....

Out of 25 chicks... As of right now, I am down to 6. Nope...that is not a typo.

Of the 6 left, 3 look good.
holy smokes where did you get them from?

((( No matter why someone stops, if you slam into them, you've been driving too close. A good rule of thumb is leaving at least 3 seconds in between.))

Not at all the truth , sorry .....but I had a person cut in front of m because she was in a hurry , only to realize the lane was stopped , she almost hit the car in front of her due to her error , I slid into her , icy roads and I already was leaving ample space between me and the car in front of me , also in 4x4 to gain extra traction , she was parked diagonally across the lane when she stopped ??!!! I even asked her why she had cut in so close , she admitted her error , her lane had stopped due to a person turning off the road , to much in a hurry!!, but our insurance company is under the same false belief that I had been following her to closely ,even though she admitted to the error I refused to sign any papers , as they wrote on the report that I had been following her .....which I never had , going to get one of those dash cams , next time I'll sue the insurance company
this just happen?

Alaskan, that sucks...did they come from far?

Cold Canadian, yepp that's how our insurance companies work. My dad had his car hit while parked at the bank. The other driver fully said it was his fault yet my dad still had to take 50% of the blame according to insurance. Because he sat in the car. It wasn't even on!

Really excited for Tuesday. My geese babies are flying in!!

Alaskan, that sucks...did they come from far?

Cold Canadian, yepp that's how our insurance companies work. My dad had his car hit while parked at the bank. The other driver fully said it was his fault yet my dad still had to take 50% of the blame according to insurance. Because he sat in the car. It wasn't even on!

Really excited for Tuesday. My geese babies are flying in!!

Lol, reading backwards, I know a guy that was to blame for a non-occupied parked truck sliding out of a driveway on ice t-boning him going down the road...joking right? Nope..

I ordered the chicks from Purely Poultry. I thought they were based in California... So I thought it wouldn't be too bad. But they are/were bantams, and in the mail a horrid long time.

Remember I got the box of chicks from Boggy Bottom in Virginia (or are they Georgia?) anyway... Those were in transit for only 24 hours...still had 4 DOA. (Wasn't it 4?). Anyway... they didn't keep dropping like flies after arrival.

These from Purely Poultry were in transit from Monday or Tuesday until Friday.

The kids and I have been force feeding chicks..... -blach-

Oh... The death toll would have been beyond horrid... Except my stuffed incubator started hatching friday... Whenever the "wanting to die" chicks got to be too much, the kids and I would look at the nice healthy hatching babies.

Oh, I ordered, all bantams, 5 blue quail d'anvers - all dead
10 blue Wyandottes, 3 blue left (and look very healthy) 1 black left (looks iffy)
10 Rhode Island Red and only 2 are left, one looks good, one iffy.

Already hatched and super healthy (do have a few stragglers)
15 d'uccle x bantam wheaten ameraucana
9 Dominiques
4 Spitz, 2 are black and 2 will be white with lots of black spots
7 Black Ameraucanas
4 d'anver
4 bantam Wheaten Ameraucana

No peas...the roosters are bad enough.

Yes I saw them ravyn....hmmmmmm. wondering what those will look like?

:idunno

Beats me... I'm still trying to figure out how they were even a possiblity... I swear Lady Grey just loves to laugh at us...

I did decide to try something... I put that blue pied drake with the 3 greys and 2 silvers... curious to see if that odd color happens with any grey and really want to see what he throws with the silvers...

Oh... The death toll would have been beyond horrid... Except my stuffed incubator started hatching friday... Whenever the "wanting to die" chicks got to be too much, the kids and I would look at the nice healthy hatching babies.

Oh, I ordered, all bantams, 5 blue quail d'anvers - all dead
10 blue Wyandottes, 3 blue left (and look very healthy) 1 black left (looks iffy)
10 Rhode Island Red and only 2 are left, one looks good, one iffy.

Already hatched and super healthy (do have a few stragglers)
15 d'uccle x bantam wheaten ameraucana
9 Dominiques
4 Spitz, 2 are black and 2 will be white with lots of black spots
7 Black Ameraucanas
4 d'anver
4 bantam Wheaten Ameraucana

will they give you a refund or credit?

deb

Back
Top Bottom