Dixie Chicks

Quote: CLICK HERE FOR LINK

Sorry to hear this,
hugs.gif
it sure does suck when we have to do such dusty cleaning, another reason I like ducks and other fowl better than chickens, I will take dirty wet nasty boots long before I will dust n dander in my hair, face, cracks
lau.gif

THE LUNGS and anything to do with CHICKENS SUCK, even egg gathering! ugggghhhh

@WVduckchick Had installed a cool attic fan in her coop and I started looking into them at lowes. I ended up putting one in the serama coop, note image doesnt have the 1/4" wire surrounding it yet.... but it sure does help to have it on during the day! pulls the dust and dander out big time! when I clean I use the shop vac and extend the exhaust out with an additional hose rigged with duct tape and dryer vent lol! anything rigged to send exhaust out works so it doesnt spread more dust around!

16" gable vent for ventilation thanks to WV suggestion, NOT at all overkill! it was dusty in that thing!!!

LL
CLICK HERE Saloon COOP

to cover the fan so no chickens accidentally get chopped up in it I made a wire box to add to it that I can easily take off to clean.
sorta like this that I do for the coolerbators..... but alot bigger

CLICK HERE FOR LINK

Sorry to hear this,
hugs.gif
it sure does suck when we have to do such dusty cleaning, another reason I like ducks and other fowl better than chickens, I will take dirty wet nasty boots long before I will dust n dander in my hair, face, cracks
lau.gif

THE LUNGS and anything to do with CHICKENS SUCK, even egg gathering! ugggghhhh

@WVduckchick Had installed a cool attic fan in her coop and I started looking into them at lowes. I ended up putting one in the serama coop, note image doesnt have the 1/4" wire surrounding it yet.... but it sure does help to have it on during the day! pulls the dust and dander out big time! when I clean I use the shop vac and extend the exhaust out with an additional hose rigged with duct tape and dryer vent lol! anything rigged to send exhaust out works so it doesnt spread more dust around!

16" gable vent for ventilation thanks to WV suggestion, NOT at all overkill! it was dusty in that thing!!!

CLICK HERE Saloon COOP

to cover the fan so no chickens accidentally get chopped up in it I made a wire box to add to it that I can easily take off to clean.
sorta like this that I do for the coolerbators..... but alot bigger

Thanks @Sally Sunshine I'm glad its working well for you! Still works great in mine also.
frow.gif

I like your cover, I'll have to steal that from you. Mine isn't where the chicks normally can get near it, but it would also be helpful to keep squirrels, mice, etc, from being able to get in from the outside!

Quote:
I had to add that wire box, its just on two hooks from the top, hanging. There is a serama brooding pen right below it, that could be a mess eeekkk
We also added a timer, just a cheap one from wallyworld, so it only goes on certain hours of the day as I would forget to turn on or forget to turn off.

Thanks again, its a lung saver for sure!

I had to add that wire box, its just on two hooks from the top, hanging. There is a serama brooding pen right below it, that could be a mess eeekkk
We also added a timer, just a cheap one from wallyworld, so it only goes on certain hours of the day as I would forget to turn on or forget to turn off.

Thanks again, its a lung saver for sure!

That's awesome!

pssst...by the way... I have serama eggs in transit to me! Should have them by the weekend!
wee.gif

Quote:
Thats awesome!! I hope they ship well. Remember those boogers need more humidity and you have to be careful as it seems the last days after day 14 they turds will loose very quickly so I would candle more than what you are used to, keep a closer eye on them. It seems most people loose them because at the last minute they lost way too much weight and the chicks cant turn to pip and end up DIS. Good Luck! I start at 55% and 75 for hatch.

Thats awesome!! I hope they ship well. Remember those boogers need more humidity and you have to be careful as it seems the last days after day 14 they turds will loose very quickly so I would candle more than what you are used to, keep a closer eye on them. It seems most people loose them because at the last minute they lost way too much weight and the chicks cant turn to pip and end up DIS. Good Luck! I start at 55% and 75 for hatch.

Great! Thanks. And you must have forgotten, I candle almost daily already!
big_smile.png
But I will go with higher humidity for them, and watch them ever so closely! Will let you know how it goes.

Quote: sweet, I dont the first seven days, but thereafter I always pull eggs here and there to look at them, I am forever telling people to think outside the box, Like the only turning three times a day, not realizing they should be as much as they can, and candling sure keeps a closer eye on air cells.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom