Dixie Chicks

@Canadian: I wish I lived close enough to slip under yer fence and steal one of those beautiful watermelons.
lol.png

Come on down , there's lots , just need a few more weeks I think ? hard to tell when ripe

Almost picked one of our sugar baby watermelons today, not sure if it's ready, dang it's hard to decide on them. Our charleston gray's, not sure if they are going to make it, they are big, but not as big as they get, bigger than the sugar babies but that ain't saying much, need more time, see what happens, might through a make shift low tunnel over them if it gets too close to frost time.

Ah.. Two ducklings (already big and fat) had gotten lost in the dark and rain, and were crying while looking at the wall of the duck coop...instead of walking around to the door...and getting inside out of the cold rain. :rolleyes:

In case you are wondering, no changes in the coop or yard have been made since they were hatched.

They are maybe 2 months old, so we didn't have to bring them in... Their mama is still taking care of them too. :)

Lol!
lol.png
@Cold Canadian is that top pick those sour pickles, 'sour gherkins'?

They called them Cucamelons ? not sour as the Mexican Gherkins as slated as being , thought I'd try them ....

Is it bad that I googled Canada to see how far you are? I LOVE watermelon! 1,300 miles isn't too far for good watermelons!
idunno.gif

That's only a weekend drive ....lol.....
Almost picked one of our sugar baby watermelons today, not sure if it's ready, dang it's hard to decide on them. Our charleston gray's, not sure if they are going to make it, they are big, but not as big as they get, bigger than the sugar babies but that ain't saying much, need more time, see what happens, might through a make shift low tunnel over them if it gets too close to frost time.

Picked one of my sugar babies .........to early ! Had to look it up on You Tube to remember what the signs are that it's ripe , piggies liked it though .........a few more weeks and then the harvest should start .........a lot of watering now

Back
Top Bottom