Dixie Chicks

Hey folks, long time no see. I'm not entirely sure I was ready to come back here yet, but I kinda feel like everyone I used to talk to a lot should know why I've been gone. I didn't think just being on the site would upset me so badly, but I guess I'm still not over what's happened.

Shortly after I disappeared I was forced to sell my chickens and it's left behind a strange kind of hole. I always thought that I'd be fine if I ever had to sell them all, but I'm not. For the first time in my nearly 28 years of life, I don't have chickens and I don't have them 'safe at home' to look forward to. They're all gone and, after returning here a few moments ago, I realized I'm not ok.

I keep trying to tell myself they're just chickens and I'll get more when we're in a better place money-wise, but waiting for that to happen actually hurts more than I thought it would.

I had a choice and I sold the chickens rather than letting them starve. I had to decide between my horse and my chickens and my horse won because I can't bring myself to send him off into the unknown after all the abuse he suffered at the hands of previous owners.

I made the right choice, but I never thought it would leave a hole like this. And now I'm crying even harder because I noticed I was given BYC Friend while I was away and it means so much to me that people like me that well. :hit

Hey folks, long time no see. I'm not entirely sure I was ready to come back here yet, but I kinda feel like everyone I used to talk to a lot should know why I've been gone. I didn't think just being on the site would upset me so badly, but I guess I'm still not over what's happened.

Shortly after I disappeared I was forced to sell my chickens and it's left behind a strange kind of hole. I always thought that I'd be fine if I ever had to sell them all, but I'm not. For the first time in my nearly 28 years of life, I don't have chickens and I don't have them 'safe at home' to look forward to. They're all gone and, after returning here a few moments ago, I realized I'm not ok.

I keep trying to tell myself they're just chickens and I'll get more when we're in a better place money-wise, but waiting for that to happen actually hurts more than I thought it would.

I had a choice and I sold the chickens rather than letting them starve. I had to decide between my horse and my chickens and my horse won because I can't bring myself to send him off into the unknown after all the abuse he suffered at the hands of previous owners.

I made the right choice, but I never thought it would leave a hole like this. And now I'm crying even harder because I noticed I was given BYC Friend while I was away and it means so much to me that people like me that well. :hit

So sorry dear! Of course we have missed you! sorry you are having a rough time, but you are strong and will get past it, and eventually have birds again.

:hugs :hugs

:hugs

So sorry. Life sure can be stressful.

I’ll squish you with hugs. Then you’ll have to stick around.
:lau I don't doubt it!

a bunch of people on here used to have chickens and don't any longer, for one reason or another.
You know, for some reason it never really sank in that there were folks here that didn't have chickens. I think I get it though. Why leave a community you love just because you don't have chickens. I feel kinda dumb now. :lau

Back
Top Bottom