DIY Impaction Surgery

Hello again. 🤗
Well, this little guy is a trooper. But here we are 3 months after successfully performing the crop surgery & he has a bad case of pendulous crop. He's waddling around with a softball sized sac swinging side to side. We feel so bad for him. Initially we decided that if he's going to have chronic problems with this, we'd cull when it became a quality of life issue. Well, I think we're approaching that point. But, now we're considering another surgery before giving up.. Wondering if rather than just emptying it, we could remove a portion of the overstretched crop to reduce it's size/capacity, then maybe with the help of a crop bra he could have much better quality of life. Is this a crazy idea? Would it be too risky? TIA

Removing part of the crop is something I've never even considered. I wouldn't even know which part of the crop would be best to remove, let alone how much. It's not something I would recommend unless you want to try it as a last resort since you're going to cull him anyway. Then it would be a DIY experiment.

If you try it and it's successful, more power to you. You would be a ground breaker.

Removing part of the crop is something I've never even considered. I wouldn't even know which part of the crop would be best to remove, let alone how much. It's not something I would recommend unless you want to try it as a last resort since you're going to cull him anyway. Then it would be a DIY experiment.

If you try it and it's successful, more power to you. You would be a ground breaker.
Thank you. A last resort for sure. I don't want him to become an experiment. Unless we get some experienced guidance it's off the table.

Back
Top Bottom